Sunday, March 6, 2011

Egg-cited About Sandi's Challenge


I made this egg for Design Team Bella Sandi McLean's challenge in the Impressionists group at Bella Creations. This group works on collage type items, and this month we're to decorate an egg shape.  I found some paper doilies in the shape of eggs at the local dollar store.  I backed one with glittery card stock.  The center of the doily had a solid rectangle so I covered that with a scrap of pp I found from a previous project.  The bunny is a diecut from a card making kit.  Then I had fun rummaging around my craft table, adding bits and bobs (as Sandi says).

I'd also like to give you a link to Sandi's personal blog, Maximum Embellishment.  Sandi does amazing work and generously posts freebies from her personal ephemera collection.  Do pay her a visit!




MaximumEmbellishment

11 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

A breath of fresh spring air!!Darling Easter egg!
hugs Lynn

Unknown said...

This is so cute (I keep scrolling up to get another peek instead of typing)! Thank you for reminding me to pop into the Impressionist group!

Anonymous said...

This is a really cute easter eagg. What a great find those doilies were. xx

1CardCreator said...

Love how you put this all together, the flowers are gorgeous, the pieces of trim cut up for flower centers are very clever. Thanks for the link, I will pop over there next.

Sandi McLean said...

Helene - lovely post, so generous of you! I adore your egg! It is fun when we can scrum around and honestly use what we have!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! What beautiful spring colors, too!

Gerri Herbst said...

Just love this egg. You have inspired me to do some. I better get hopping.LOL

Sandy Ang said...

a different style for you Helene ! But just as lovely a project.

JulesinParadise said...

Beautiful art as always!

Nancy said...

oh WOW! this is amazing!

Micupoftea said...

This is a different style for you, Helene. It is so charming! Love the white,puffy heart tail. The gathered blue trim along the edges is so festive :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album