Thursday, August 7, 2014

Read in the Garden Tag

I didn't have time to play last week at Tag Tuesday where  Statues was the theme.
I had a delayed start trying to figure out which statue to use when it occurred to me that my husband gave me a lovely garden statue for Mother's Day two years ago.  It sits on a bench where a reader is invited to sit.  I decided to incorporate a photo of the statue in my tag.

We're a family of readers and I have a minor in Library Science so this sounded like a good fit not only for Tag Tuesday but for a few challenges I found over at Paper Playful.

Although it kills me to tear up a book, this particular page came as backing on a pack of flowers.  A good base for my tag, with a pic of the statue on top.

Among my favorite things are my home and garden.  So the statue and trims represent love of reading and the garden. The brick (from the embossing folder) represents our home.


Entering these challenges:
All Sorts Challenge Blog: Favorite Things
The Order of the Opus Gluei:  A Good Read
Mema's Crafts:  Anything Goes
Craft Room Challenge  A Summer Garden

10 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

Cute tag. Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Memas Crafts. Princess – DT Member

Electra said...

So happy to see you at OG! (Repeat the oath after me...lol) Your tags are always so stunning and this is no exception. I hope you join us often-thanks for playing along with us at Opus Gluei!!

Sarah said...

This is so beautiful Helene! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Favourite Things challenge x

SusanK said...

Helene, what a lovely way to incorporate things that mean so much to you! I love it!

Chat Noir said...

Well, now that you've found us, you will HAVE to stay!! We're like that at OG. Love your book tag - I'd like to use it for a book mark but the bobbles might be a bit fat!! If I could find a statue like yours, I'd put it in my garden too. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing with us.

JulesinParadise said...

I adore your tags...what fun

Zoechaos said...

Hello great to see you! This is such a personal and special tag I Love your statue. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

A beautiful summery tag, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Amber Milone said...

Such a beautiful tag with lots of bright colors. The little girl statue is precious! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room.

creative lady said...

Very nice tag. Thanks for stopping by at Mema's Crafts challenge.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album