Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiday Shadow Box

With Christmas in mind, the Unrulies are to show you ideas for using boxes.

I had hoarded a Prima flower box, the kind that has a draw that slides out.  I took the acetate off the front and made a shadow box with a hidden second scene.  I also finally used some hoarded gorgeous Cozy Christmas designer paper from The Scrap Cake.  My digital images of a vintage girl and snowman are from Heather Hudson's My Artistic Adventures Etsy shop.

I made this for my little granddaughter who loves pink.

All of the details about this box and lots more photos of it can be found in the article I wrote for Unruly PaperArts blogozine, posted on December 15 HERE.






Entering these challenges:

Craft Hoarders Anonymous:  Challenge 21: Celebrate the Season (due December 14 PT--the dates don't match because of the time difference) x
Live and Love Crafts: Challenge With Love (due December 31) x
Mema's Crafts:  Anything Goes for Celebrate the Holidays or Cold Winter Days x
Pile It On: Challenge #49 Anything Goes (end of year--longer deadline) x
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge:  Merry Christms from the Elves December  (this is new to me--my granddaughter's favorite song right now is "Holly Jolly" so I thought it was "meant to be" that I enter a challenge at this site) x

13 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous Helene - your granddaughter will be thrilled - I know I would be.

Sandi McLean said...

Oh so darned cute and sweet! Love this little project. Hugs,

Glenda said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Heather said...

This is the CUTEST THING EVER! I love the papers you used...all the images and papers go sooo well...I love the color palette!! Gorgeousness Helene!! She is going to love it! I can just see her looking at every little detail...sooo CUTE!!
Hugs
Heather :0)

Carol Salisbury said...

Oh Helene, that is wonderful! Love that the insert comes out...two beauties for the price of one!

Pink Unicorn said...

I can see all the effort you have put into this, it's absolutely fabulous. Thanks for sharing your special creation at Holly Jolly, and hope to see you soon again! Karola, DT

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so adorable. I love love love that pink! Such a sweet project. I love that you used your hoarded box! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

creative lady said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors and all the elements you added. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts and Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Terry said...

Helene, this is totally adorable. What little girl does not adore pink. Great altered box and she will love it! Enjoy!

Mema's Crafts said...

This is just to doggone cute! Thanks for playing at Mema's Crafts.

Unknown said...

Awesome alteration; I'm sure your granddaughter must have loved it! Such pretty jolly vintage images. Thanks for sharing with LLC. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Helen said...

Fabulous Christmas project!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Happy New Year!
Helen x

Meighan Wheller said...

Wow fantastic project Helen. Love the non-traditional colours and images. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly. Meighan DT

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album