Thursday, February 26, 2015

Donuts

I can't lie!  I craved doughnuts while making this card!  



Donuts are stamped with Archival ink in Coffee.  (Don't use water soluble ink--it will make the frosting bleed.)

I studied Shirley's spotlight at STAMPlorations HERE in which she discussed "frosting" the donuts. I decided to do my own experimenting with products I had in my stash.

Wanting my frosting to look dimensional--a layer on top of the donut--I used the following:
Glitter glue--both Studio G and Ranger Stickles in various colors to look like colored sugar.
Dimensional paint--Art Anthology Sorbet ended up looking to me like toasted coconut.
Liquid Pearls in white- with Crytal Effectz to look like granulated sugar
I didn't have any dimensional for my chocolate frosting, so I mixed some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with chocolate brown acrylic craft paint.  I didn't think it was a dark enough contrast for my dough, so I added some USArtQuest Burnt Umber Perfect Pigment.

When the frosting hardened, I colored the donuts with Copic Brick Beige and Sepia and Stampin' Write Chocolate Chip.

STAMPlorations Sugar Rush stamp set:  doughnuts, sentiment
Stampin' Up A Cherry On Top stamp set: cake stand
Archival Ink Tree Branch
Wilton doily
Doodlebug Twine

Entering These Challenges:

STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge (open, random win awarded every 50 entries)
STAMPlorations bi-weekly Sketch Challenge #28 due Feb 27



5 comments:

Michele said...

i am a total doughnut lover so yes i love this piece! and all very real looking! too much fun! xo

jane stillman said...

A really fun card, gorgeous doughnuts! x

Julie B said...

Mmm, doughnuts! Well done with all the different toppings they look great.
Thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations. :)

LauraJane:) said...

Yummy take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations Sketch challenge.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh you made these look so yummy, I'm going to have to run out and buy some donuts now. Love it.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album