Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 22 Altered Playing Cards

It's time for more Altered Playing Cards from Claudine's Art Corner.  We're on Week 22 and you can see Claudine's samples/prompts on her blog HERE.

I really went off page this week.


On top of the gesso base, I have two Archival ink colors (Forget Me Not and Manganese Blue) mixed with rubbing alcohol.  I had experimented yesterday with Wendy Vecchi's plaster technique and had some ink leftover on the mat. I just mopped it up with 2 of the APCs.

Claudine experimented with Elmer's Glue for a raised effect.  I went straight to Wendy Vecchi's embossing paste. You'll note that my "palette knife" is a cheap plastic knife with a serated edge.   One of the stencils is the same she used, punchinella. For the other stencil, I opted for Dylusions stars. Once dry, I sponged on more Forget Me Not to cover the white paste.



I decided to add some Tree Branch ink for a little beige to complement the brown embellishments which are Tim Holtz filmstrip ribbon and Graphic 45 papers.  Since I'm holding to the notion that I'll be shuffling these cards, instead of tiny staples, I used extremely narrow red line tape to attach the filmstrip.


I added a bit of Faded Jeans Distress ink on the circles to complement the blue bird, also Graphic 45 paper. To this card I added some washi tape, punched hearts, and a sentiment from Darkroom Door Love Birds rubber stamp set (I used black Archival ink).

5 comments:

ionabunny said...

Oh these are lovely. Love your filmstar. Great colours and textures. I am glad you still hope to shuffle yours. I've got mine in a plastic box those posh round chocolates come in and have difficulty holding them all, despite trying to keep them flat. Will be posting a few sets this week (plan A)to try and catch up before I lose the plot. Off to see what else I missed cos I know I haven't visited for a while. Hugz

jane stillman said...

Absolutely brilliant altered playing cards

Wendy said...

These are fantastic Helene! Love the texture you achieved with the paste and stencils. Great images! Looks like you had fun creating these altered cards.

Claudine said...

These came out really beautiful, they are amazing. Love your background and the stamps you used.

trisha too said...

These are so nice, Helene--that texture and those colors are wonderful.

:)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album