Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Vintage Baby Card

My latest make as GDT for Imagine That! Digis by Kris.  Be sure to visit the Imgaine That! Digis by Kris Creative Playground blog HERE for design team inspiration and links to current challenges, the FaceBook page, and the store.




I started with a digital composition background using

Winter Arabesque kit HERE (HERE links you to the item in the store)






Soft Florals digi paper pack HERE  (layered inside frame)



I layered on top a sentiment from Little Blessings HERE.



I printed the composition in the lower right corner on white cardstock so that I could trim, score and fold in order to make it into a card.
I also printed an extra butterfly, fussy cut, added pearls and placed on the card for dimension.

I printed 3 times on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla cardstock the outline bassinet from Little Blessings HERE.  I fussy cut parts of the bassinet, colored with Copic markers E50 Egg Shell and E31 Brick Beige, and then layered with lace and other trims, half pearls, cording bows, and an enameled letter "B" for baby.

You can see that I cut a special lace to conform to the bassinet outline which I laid over the skirt netting. I followed the ruffle with box pleated trim, softening with some E31. 

The stuffed rabbit got a good dousing of Copic E00 skin white as the marker was overfilled.  I touched up with the other two markers.  The bunny is placed in the bassinet with foam adhesive for a 3-D efffect.  

You can see on the close-up how I used the Copics to make a dotted crib sheet and striped bumper pad.

This close-up also shows off that digital frame.



Making use of my "wins" here:  I used my Craft-Dee BowZ maker on the beautiful silk ribbon to create a double bow.  I adorned it with Prima flowers and a beaded berry spray and a rolled paper flower from The Ribbon Girl.  



I finished with antique buttons from my collection.

Entering these challenges

Anything But Cute Challenge 16 Shabby Garden Mood Board
I took a stroll through the garden and as typical of the Victorian era, I brought the garden inside, decorating with flowers, a trellis background, butterflies, time-worn furniture, soft pastels, and feminine accessories. The top middle photo on the mood board inspired me the most with its romantic feel and colors.  I'm #19 x

Brown Sugar Challenge #212 Lace and Bling  new challenge and winners of previous posted on Friday I'm #17 x

Challenge Up Your Life:  #48 Baby until August 31 I'm #4 x

Classic Design Team Open Challenge August I'm #166 x

Craft-Dee BowZ Monthly Challenge:  August Always Anything Goes and include a hand-made Bow I'm #76

Top 3  Badge

Fab and Funky Challenge #316 Anything Goes I'm #136 X

Live and Love Crafts:  #50 Happy Birthday/Anniversary:  mine is birthday baby  I'm #62  random draw  x

Pearly Sparkles Challenge: #7 Happy Anything With Pearls I'm #18 new challenge and winners posted August 28 x

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #147  Ribbon, Buttons and Bows I'm #4

RRR Top 3













The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #155 Bling I'm #41
TOP THREE BADGE

8 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh my this is just absolutely stunning. I love your creation, it is just magical. Great work and so beautifully illustrated on your blog too. A real pleasure to visit your blog and view your talents.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Carla's Cards said...

Beautiful work!

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Carla DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Karen Letchworth said...

How sweet! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet creation in our Buttons & Bows Challenge, and please join us again soon.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

lalkygirl said...

What a beautiful ,elegant card ,love the design and all your pretty embellishments
Thanks for joining us at craft-Dee BowZ and good luck
Tracey X

Kristine said...

Wow, wow, wow.... you have taken this digi and created the absolute PERFECT creation!! This will surely be one to treasure ... maybe even frame for baby's room! LOVE all the special embellishments, they just are so beautiful and adds so much dimension for the ultimate baby card!!

P.s. Great use of the Winter Frame and B-flies too! :)
xK

Helen said...

Great card - love the colour schme you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge.

Helen x
(DT)

Judy Rozema said...

I love your shabby chic card! This is just beautiful. I am so glad you joined us at Really Reasonable Ribbon for our Buttons & Bows Challenge!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is absolutely DARLING!!! Love the sentiment on this too, its so cute!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and hope to see you back for our next challenge!
hugs,
Cheryl

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album