Thursday, April 27, 2017

Crocs and Gators

When I was little, one of my favorite sayings to share was, "See you later alligator...After awhile crocodile". It was like I was privy to a little secret--the cleverness of language.  





When Kris came up with this Imagine That! digi set, I just had to work with it and pass down the clever sentiment to my grandchildren.  I just purchased a teeshirt for my grandson that has this sentiment on it, one half on the front, the other half on the back.  Just like my card!  

Gator Strong


This special fold card is perfect for the project. I colored the images with pencils and then fussy cut them.  I used distress ink/water with a brayer on the card: Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo, and Mowed Lawn.  While cleaning up the craft room, I came across a green label from some Christmas paper.  I used the grass die.

Since I'm a stickler for accuracy, I looked up the difference between crocs and gators so that I'd use the appropriate image with the correct sentiment.


From Live Science: HERE

  • Snout shape: Alligators have wider, U-shaped snouts, while crocodile front ends are more pointed and V-shaped.
  • Toothy grin: When their snouts are shut, crocodiles look like they're flashing a toothy grin, as the fourth tooth on each side of the lower jaw sticks up over the upper lip. For alligators, the upper jaw is wider than the lower one, so when they close their mouths, all their teeth are hidden.
  • Home base: Crocodiles tend to live in saltwater habitats, while alligators hang out in freshwater marshes and lakes.
I'm entering some Animal challenges with this card.


Cupcake Inspiration:  #404 Animals #48 x


2  Crafty Critter Crazies:  Challenge #1 Must Have a Critter #139 x

Sweet Stampers Challenge:  #6 Animals #104 until May 8

If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #67 Animal Cookies #13 until May 3
Imagine That! digistamp is one of the sponsors x

Pile It On #129 Interactive #77 until May 6

and of course

OUTLAWZ:  Twisted Thursday Anything Goes

7 comments:

Kuni said...

Wonderful card and a great design.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Carole J said...

Super card - love the fold. The inked background is perfect for your crocodile.
Thanks for sharing your work at If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge #67. Good Luck!
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

Jackie PN said...

Love your background Helene!! Beautiful! And I just love that saying- my Mom always used it! Great card!
Jackie xx

Jonnece said...

Fantastic card, I love the colours you have chosen, perfect. Thanks for joining us at 'If you give a crafter a cookie'. Jonnece DT

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

seelenvoll kreativ said...

Sooo eine coole Karte, aber auch etwas grusselig.... Toll! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers. LG Karina

Marlene Bonetti said...

Beautiful card, I love the Aligator/Crocodile! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge. Hope we see you soon again!
Hugs Marlene

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album