Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Art Journaling

I have three art journal pages to show you today.  I've been working off and on with these for weeks!!

The first one (on the left) is part of the Wanderlust 2017 year-long course at Everything Art. This particular page is a Courage to Continue lesson from Dyan Reavely.  I've used her Dylusions ink sprays, acrylic paints and paint markers and one of her stencils.She used a Winston Churchill quote.


The second one (on the right) is also part of her lesson, but I used a Stencil Girl stencil and found my own quote (by Fred Astaire) to fit the dance theme.  This page I'm sharing with Art Journal Journey where the August theme is Poetry in Motion (use a quote).  



This third page was prompted by Marjie Kemper's FaceBook group, Mixed Media Art Book Group. The group offers a three month commitment, each month using a different art book.  We are reading Dina Wakley's Art Journal Freedom for the month of August.  

This is my first page to post there. I've read the entire book and came up with this composition as a direct result of working with product while making my pages for the Courage to Continue lesson.

I had to "mop up" ink spray and wipe off acrylic paint--which I did onto third and fourth pages. I realized I had the perfect background for "white space" and continued to develop the page. 



I used the following challenges and techniques from Dina's book:  
Symmetry--a center weighted composition ( I had lots of left-over pink paint)
White space; Dominance; Color schemes; Stamping on tissue paper (Paper Artsy stamp for Wanderlust).

Sentiment: Rubber Dance Stamps--I'm sarcastic-what's your super power?


6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh - I love all those pages!
Wonderful made and it seems you enjoy the workshops and groups and have fun with your pages! Great! You made us happy to show your fab Art Journaling over at Art Journal Journey - the quotes are chosen so well - thank you very much for joining us again!
Happy rest of your week!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

What amazing pages! The black and fiery colours look so beautiful together and I think all these pages qualify for the "Poetry in Motion" theme with all the wonderful quotes you used 😁. The quote on your last page made me smile and I love the inspirational quote by Fred Astaire and how you have incorporated it into the dancer sillouettes - stunning! Thank you for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love all of your bright and beautiful pages! And I especially like that you created more pages from mopping up the colors from your first ones! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

My name is Erika. said...

I love your choice of colors. The superpower quote really made me smile.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your vibrant pages, Helene! And thank you for the shout-out. xx

Lili Sulastri said...

Hi! I know I have not visited in a while. Stopping by to see what you have been up to.
All your pages are stunning. Love them all. I really like the mop up ink spray technique. Makes your page really stand out. Beautiful Helene.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album