Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, August 6, 2012

Radom Thoughts for August

Yesterday we celebrated the grandbaby's first birthday.  I've mentioned a couple of times that my two daughters gave up scrapbooking/cardmaking and gave me their stash.  So, good mom that I am, I made a couple of birthday cards for their niece, with the product they gave me--thinking, it's their style, as if they had made the cards themselves.

DD1:  Heidi Grace products--rub-ons

DD2's card; brown cardstock; patterned papers from a pack called Jeweled Tones Modern' Heidi Grace epoxy cupcake sticker.  Sticker might be from DD1's stash, but DD2 is the cupcake baker.

While blog surfing today:

I did the Case Study blog hop.  At one of the dt blogs, I spied this challenge, so I'm submitting these cards to FLOURISHES: Birthday Party--create anything birthday

and I nearly fell out of my chair when I stopped by Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets and saw THIS!

11 comments:

Carla said...

Congrats on the WIN............I saw your post on FB.....super fun! Love the cards, they are really cute.

Pryn said...

Hi Helene :) I am so glad to hear from you!!! Your cards are adorable!!! Sad to hear that your daughters will not be paper crafting anymore, but happy that you scored their stash ;) So excited to be able to keep in touch again!

Hugs to you!

craftattack said...

Lovely cards, and good to use up your inherited stash! Have fun! Valerie

craftattack said...

Me again - just looked - lucky you!! Enjoy.

Dawn said...

Saw that you won a prize so congrats o that and lovely ickkle cards xx

lynne said...

Those are cute and fun cards.
Wishes
Lynne

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

These are both sweet, nicely done. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Birthday Celebration!

1CardCreator said...

Don't you just love it when you see something to make that your daughter will love! These cards are perfect! Congrats on you win too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your cards- careful- they might decide they want their stuff back......LOL Congrats on the win- how fun!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous cards. Lucky you - congrats to your win :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I think it is great that you are using your inherited stash....I would 'think' about what I should do with it....and never get it accomplished....! Great cards!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album