Sunday, October 28, 2012

SEED HEADS

I'm number 10 on a waiting list of 35 to be an active member/link for Tag Tuesday, a most popular inspiration site.  In the meantime, I love to play along.

This week's prompt is seed heads or seed pods. I just had to jump in and create a tag because I happen to have a seed pod stamp in Rogue Redhead Designs' Floriculture stamp plate. 


Case Study Challenge SCS114 is warm fall hues with lots of texture.  Julia Stainton's beautiful muse example inspired my tag layout.  This is Julia's card.  You can see the similar design in my tag.

At Frilly and Funkie, the theme is Anything But a Card with A Twist:  it must have a hidden compartment that remains hidden.  I used a scrapling idea to make a hidden compartment to place a sentiment. I created a small card tied with twine.  Untie the twine to open the scrapling to read the message.

I started by making a tag from packing wrap for china.  I swiped several fall color Ranger distress ink pads across it --Iced Spruce (didn't do much for effect), Rusty Hinge, and Wild Honey.  I used the Wild Honey distress marker to fill in some gaps.   

I created my scrappling card using the RRD stamp with Archival Sepia ink.

And how about that perfect book page torn and placed along the left side of the tag?  That's from Vintage Page Designs Etsy Shop.
Edged with Ranger Distress Inks in Wild Honey toned down with Vintage Photo, Old Paper and Iced Spruce.

I added some trims from my stash. 

11 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Verry classy!

Debi said...

a lovely tag, such lovely colours! Debi x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love that brown leafy fiber and how you tied up your hidden spot... great idea, Helene. Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Anita Houston said...

What a cool idea to have the hidden sentiment after untieing...love it! Love the corrugated paper!!! Gorgeous tag! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

Terry said...

Love the elegance!!! Very pretty tag and design! Great hidden spot! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful Helene. Fabulous images and colours.
Can you email me for the address, I don't seem to have yours.

Hugs Brenda xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful cards.

1CardCreator said...

Love this and the similarity is pretty cool!

Pryn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Helene! I love the placement of your hidden compartment. Very clever!

Debby said...

Lovely and so elegant! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Shar said...

Totally gorgeous tag! I love all the fabulous visual texture. Great layering!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album