Sunday, December 30, 2012

Look What I've Been Making.....

We had a very exciting Christmas holiday.

Not only did we enjoy watching our 16 month old granddaughter open her presents, we also were thrilled to announce that our dd2 got engaged to be married.

She asked me to make some cards for her.  Here is a generic one for posting purposes.  The other labels have specific names on them.  The one for dd1 even says the specific role:  will you be my maid of honor. Creating your own computer generated sentiments comes in so handy.



I apologize for the poor lighting.  I used an ott lite because it was dark out.  I was on a tight timeline to get these cards over to her.

If you follow my blog, you will recall that dd2 is the baker and decided that was her creative outlet rather than scrapping.  End result is she gave me all her paper products.  This is DCWV papers, coordinating card stock and glittery paper in purple and lilac (label).  I had some shiny silver card stock not identifiable. The embossing folder which looks like tiny crosses and the label punch are from Stampin' Up.  Fancy gown pattern from My Grafico Lindsay's Stuff which I fancy cut.  Ribbon can be found at Really Reasonable Ribbon and flowers from my Flying Unicorn stash.  The close-up photo shows the lilac label and embossing folder better.  I used dark grey for the lettering which looked great on the lilac.

 
I thought making cards with her own preference in papers was a good move on my part. Right now she's debating on wedding colors but liked the idea of purple and silver as one of the combos.

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Case Study Challenge 122:  I cased the silver card stock, the purple flowers and the ribbon bow
Crafty Bloggers Network:  Challenge 6: Anything Goes

11 comments:

Lexie said...

Gorgeous background!

Congratulations to your daughter and hope they're very happy together.

Lovely card.
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love purple and these are great cards.

Hugs
Linda xxx

clare said...

Sounds like you had a fab Xmas then. Congrats! Love the card. Happy new year to you. X

Carol Christie said...

Congratulations to your daughter :D Your card is beautiful x

craftattack said...

Lovely card - congrats to your daughter! Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous personal cards Helene and sounds like you have the most wonderful Christmas, both with grandaughter and the wedding announcement.
Wishing you and your family a very happy new year.
hugs {brenda} xox

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, DD will be so proud of you! Congrats on the wedding, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and so did all your girls! Happy New Year! ~Diane

SusanK said...

Congratulations and I love the idea of these cards!

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Helene !

lynne said...

What an exciting time for your family and the card is perfect!
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Love your blog banner.

Maureen said...

yes, I will! LOL I could have used this card 6 years ago! Love the dress and inspiration :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album