Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grunging with Wendy

On Saturday, September 19, I spent the morning with Wendy Vecchi at Prairie Art Stamps in Springfield, IL. Wendy brought her concept, Lovin' the Grunge, to the group, and we executed her idea using her Studio 490 stamps, lots of Ranger products and Maya Road metal flowers and mini alphas. Everything else was made with grunge paper, a very flexible material (just take a look at how the ticket, rose petals and butterflies bend and stay bent!). I learned how to bend the metal petals, use a snap for a flower center, and use clamps to hold the flower petals in place while the glue dries. I reinforced my masking and distressing skills and got to work with the brand new Rock Candy Stickles and Tim's filmstrip ribbon. I learned a great tip: mask off the butterfly and stamp just the antennae; then stamp on another surface the butterfly--cut out the butterfly and glue in place by the antennae. Brilliant! Here's a pic of Wendy and me. I'm holding my finished product as well as her book Make Art, Studio 490 Style, which she autographed for me. (Not only did she know me by name, she also spelled it right!!!! She is such a sweet lady!) Note my very inked-up fingers! Grunge is Good!

Here are a couple more pics of my project. I chose to stamp It's in the Details on my ticket to go with my own title, Altered Art. I may end up making this part of a grunge album for all of my workshop adventures.

4 comments:

Nancyroo said...

gorgeous! I love it.

deb famularo said...

Wow, I can honestly say this is one of my favorite creations of yours, it's so beautiful!!! And what a great photo too!
I appreciate your sweet comments, thank you for stopping by my blog- I know I've geared it more towards the teens now, so it means a lot that you still come by!! Have a great evening, xoxo deb

Art By Wanda said...

What fun!!! I'm hoping to take a class with Wendy next year. Your project is fabulous!!!

kellyjean said...

Hey Helene, thanks for your comment on my post today. Let me tell ya! THIS altered art is JUST GORGEOUS!!! Wow! I love it!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album