My artsy friend Lori gave me this blog award today. Now I need to list 10 things that make me happy and pass the award on to 5 more.
I started with some serious things that make me happy. You know, about family, health, money, etc.
Sound effects here of brakes coming to a screeching halt......
But then I wasn't sure those phrases defined happy for me as much as they described peace of mind. The word happy makes me think of Donald O'Connor dancing with an umbrella in the movie, Singing in the Rain. So with that in mind, here's the my list:
1. Watching the hummingbirds while sitting on my deck with a cup of flavored coffee.
2. Listening to a song that moves my soul.
3. Sitting back and thinking, Yes, this came together well....layout, card, altered art, etc.
4. Modern Technology which connects me to the world via computer, cell phone, and television (um, how else could I blog, watch What Not to Wear, or text my dh that I need just 10 more minutes at the craft store?)
6. A bottle of wine that tastes great and costs $10 or less.
7. A pair of slacks that fit.
8. A good joke that makes a laugh so hard I have tears running down my cheeks.
9. A full tank of gas and a beautiful day for a road trip.
10. Artsy friends who have kind words and sweet thoughts with whom I enjoy good times, and who think I deserve a blog award. Thank you, Lori!
I would like to pass on the Happy 101 award to: