Monday, September 5, 2011

Sew Vintage!

Bella Creations has just released its Sew Vintage embellishment kit for September! 
For my design team work, I chose to make a chunky ATC with my goodies:
What you're seeing is some Graphic 45 paper glued onto a chunk of wood.  The corset, crinkled seam binding, clothes pins, silver charm,  and tissue pattern for the flower are all in the kit.


I took the corset and ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then highlighted with Ranger tea dye distress ink.


This month's Bella Tres Chic challenge is to include some real or faux stitching so I used the Tim Holtz Sissex texture fade to put some stitches on the side.


I made an ATC for the back of my chunky using this month's image for the Bella Muse challenge. I glued it onto ink distressed canvas and added some ric rac, a snap, and then, from the Bella kit, the adorable silver sewing machine charm.  
The Muse image is from the Graphics Fairy so I'm linking this up to the Graphics Fairy Brag Monday.

This is the other side with some fabric from a previous Bella kit, although this kit comes with lots of lovely fabric swatches, as you can see here in the photo of the Sew Vintage kit:

Fabric is one of the needed elements for this month's Bella Tres Chic challenge. I just love how I can use these clothespins to hold notes and things on my desk top chunky ATC decor.  It actually stands up on those two dime store thimbles.

This month's Bella Unique challenge is to make a tissue flower.  I, of course, used the tissue pattern that came in the Sew Vintage kit.  While still folded up, I inked the edges with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink.  The vintage button is from my grandma' collection.
For the Unique technique challenge, we followed this tissue paper tutorial from Lisa Spangler for Hero Arts: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjn084rYRLg

Being the Queen of the Last Minute Club, allows me to enter the following challenges as this project was made after these challenges were posted:
Vicki Romaine--The Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge #25 Let's Reuse
chunk of wood, old sewing label, thimbles, tissue sewing pattern, clothespins, vintage button

To purchase the Sew Vintage embellishment kit, go to Bella Creations. You'll see it on the main page.

Lacee also has for sale this month a beautiful mini album kit, Rose Petals, and a wonderful 12x12 kit, So Chic,  that is offered in several color palettes. You can see them all by starting here at our Bella Creations Blog. Did you know we have a group just for Bella members who are working with the kits?  And don't forget the main three Bella challenges that I talked about:  Tres Chic, Bella Muse, and Bella Unique! Prizes for each of the 3 challenges:  this month from Copic Markers, the Crop Stop, and the Flying Unicorn.


We also have a guest designer with us each month who gets to work with the kit. Our Bella du Mois for September is Lean de Ruiter.


My Oh La La group this month is working with a beautiful set of 3 mannequin images from our sponsor, Gecko Galz.  Everyone who uses the free images to enter our September challenge, will receive, via email, an ephemera set from Gecko Galz.  There is so much going on at Bella Creations.  Won't you join us?

24 comments:

Emily D. said...

Wow... I am in love!!! This is gorgeous!!

Starr said...

Oh Helene, you have gone over the moon! I just can't express how much I love this little chunky. Love every little inch, you amaze me!

Michele said...

oh my goodness Helene this is just too much! fabulous from every angle. gorgeous. xo

Sharon said...

Oh this is so fantastic!!! Love what you have done with this chunky ATC!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous! Love the images and style, and the thimble feet! Valerie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You will not be surprised at how much I love this as you know I have a "thing" for vintage sewing. In fact the image on your ATC I have as a stamp (Oxford Impressions - Sewing Notions set).
This really is perfection.
Wishes
Lynne

Jingle said...

This is SUCH a fabulous project! I really love this!

Cathy said...

This is fabulous Helene! So creative!

Lori said...

Ooo, this is gorgeous Helene! Love the clothespin and thimbles for feet, that is a brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly G said...

I've kind of been awol also, but your chunky ATC project is fabulous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, I'm missing words, your chunky ATC project is outstanding.

Willy said...

Lovely ATC, Helene!

Vicki Romaine said...

Fabulous! I love all the vintage elements especially the flower. Chunky ATCs are so much fun & yours is great.

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- what an awesome chunky ATC- love the sewing theme- fantastic flower!

Lynn Stevens said...

Love how you used thimbles as the feet, cute!
hugs Lynn

Gerri Herbst said...

This is stunning...Love that clothes pin accent! Sew beautiful.

Chriss said...

Great piece! I love all the different accents - the clothspin, the thimbles, the paper flower. Beautiful!

Ali Manning said...

This is amazing, Helene - I've never seen a chunky ATC before - it looks great!

Michele said...

when i commented before i was so busy oohing and aahing about this great creation that i failed to say: thank you for joining the "let's reuse" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! you're awesome. xo

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love all the unique and beautiful details on this!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is totally adorable--I love it!

XO
Cindy

Christine said...

What beautiful Creations. I have never seen a chunky ATC. We have a lot of wood outside maybe I may decide to try it.

Carrie said...

Love how you have used the pegs....very clever.
Hugs
Carrie

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album