Monday, August 27, 2012

What's New and What's Not....

I haven't been crafting/posting or blogging for quite some time.  But it's still on my mind!

You know you're a crafter when you buy your peaches for the box they come in--not thinking about the tasty treats but rather how you're going to Modge Podge the crate looking cardboard box and use it for something...


Then a stop at a second hand store netted these.  One person's discards is a crafter's treasure:

I thought of my blogging friend Lynne's beautiful fabric and lace projects and couldn't pass on these upholstery fabric swatches.  Won't these make stunning backgrounds?  I think the red and green ones will come into play for Christmas projects. 

I won the Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets dress form and CD3.  They arrived in the mail.  The 3-D dress form is flat on the back side.  We stopped in a store, and a stock boy walked by us carrying a boatload of misc. stuff.  My dh said to me, Look, he's carrying one of those dress forms.....  My altered one will be revealed in January as one of my design team projects.


Also arriving in the mail was my stamp plate that I won at Rogue Redhead Designs for my challenge entry.  I really want to make something soon with my new Floriculture plate for the next RRD blog challenge.

I keep looking at all the challenge sites but they'll just have to wait.  I have a deadline looming on the horizon for the wedding guest book that has priority attention.

And of course I'm working quietly and secretly on projects for the upcoming Gecko Galz Blog Hop in October.  Did you see the badge at the top right corner?  Save the date.  You won't want to miss this!

Speaking of secrets, I've been asked to join another design team and happily agreed.  More on that when the time comes.....

Heading to my Prairie Stampers Club meeting so tomorrow I should have a post of what we make this evening....

6 comments:

SusanK said...

Love the peaches box and fabrics! I agree, one's trash is another's treasure. Congrats on the wins and DT positions! Can't wait to see what you've got lined up for us; plenty of eye candy, I'm sure.

1CardCreator said...

I can't wait to see what you make with the peach crate! Those fabric swatches are awesome! Such a vintage feel to the designs! The Gecko Galz blog hop sounds like it will be fun!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, you have been busy. Love the peach create, that should be a lot of fun to alter! Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make and hearing your news. Enjoy your club meeting.
hugs {brenda} xox

trisha too said...

Ooohh, super secret stuff, now that sounds like fun!

And hey, the peaches are just the bonus to go with the box, right?

:)

Marjie Kemper said...

Sounds like smart shopping to me, Helene. I love that you see the beauty and possibilities in the peach crate. Congrats on the DT... can't wait to hear the scoop!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album