Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lavender Digital Composition

I'm trying something new.  Since I work with so many digital images, I found a site called Digital Whisper which has a weekly prompt for digital creations.  This week's theme:  Lavender


I use PhotoShop Elements as my software to manipulate digital images.

The main image is from Vintage Just For You--the layout which I did NOT alter.  It includes all the layers inside the scallop: woman, scroll, chair and flora.  I changed the hue a bit to make it more lavender.

The actual lavender plant is from the Graphics Fairy.  I removed the background and converted jpg to png.

Background digital papers and butterfly are listed below.

Entering this here:

Digitally Sweet Challenge #148 Spring Is in the Air
Featured mid-challenge HERE

How exciting!  This made the Top 3!!!

Eclectic Ellapu  March challenge is Flora and Fauna

Gecko Galz FaceBook Papercrafting Group:  March Challenge Spring Has Sprung.  I used their two digital papers (stripe, and floral) as backgrounds.  Winner of collage sheet of my choice

Luna Girl:  March Challenge: Spring Flowers and Birds   I used their butterfly to anchor the corner.
However, I don't think my entry should count twice since it's such a small percentage of the total composition.  x




9 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. You should enter it into our challenge at Digitally Sweet "Spring has sprung". We love 100% digital projects.
http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/march-challenge-148-with-lacy-sunshine.html

Karen Lunagirl said...

Beautiful piece, so serene and such a lovely color. Thanks for sharing it in my March challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen :-)

Anonymous said...

Come to look for a new friend! Herzlich Pippa
with
http://disipi.blogspot.de/

pchickki said...

This is a very lovely piece
Thanks so much for participating in this challenge

Michele said...

this is so gentle and beautiful! i love it! thanks for entering the lunagirl moonbeams challenge this month! xo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a serene image and layout, it's beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet! Hope to see you again.
Faith DT

Claire said...

Beautiful project, love the gentle shades of lavender. Thanks so much for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this time around
Claire xx

cass said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet for our "Spring is in the Air" Challenge

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu March Challenge.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album