Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Strawberry Moon

This week we had a rare treat.   The Summer Solstice 2016,  which is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, coincided with June's full moon, called the Strawberry Moon.  This will not happen again until 2062.

This is my artistic interpretation of this event.



I went back to one of the earlier Wanderlust classes to watch application of liquid watercolors.  Now that I own the basic colors from the Artist's Loft, I thought I'd play with watercolor effects.  I used Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper and had available both a brush with water cup and a spray bottle of water.

During the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, I fell in love with this fairy tea cup stamp and was thrilled to be able to purchase it from blog hop super sponsor, So Suzy Stamps. I used Archival Jet Black Ink and stamped on top of the watercolor.

I'm entering this make at:

Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop HERE.  This is my third entry and it's #547.












Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Anything Summer #39 winner announced July 10 x
All Sorts Challenge  # 368 How Does Your Garden Grow #98 x

Make My Monday: Fairies #5 winner of Top 3


The Mixed Media Card Challenge #24 (only 7 challenges to enter in total) Sunset  because on this day both the moon and sun were in the sky at the same time--hence my yellow and red color combo
#10 x


Try It on Tuesday: I Believe I Can Fly #9 x

Curtain Call: Tasty Tropics #26 x
tasty tropics







37 comments:

CarlavdM said...

Hélène, I'm green with envie...you have that adorable fairy stamp.
Had a look at So Suzy's stamp shop, but no where to find....out of stock I guess ;o(
Your card is just lovely, like the colours you have used.

Lisa said...

I love that stamp too! Such a pretty background!

Hetty said...

Another great card with this wonderful stamp!

Ceal said...

So pretty!

Mervi said...

Lovely card, pretty fairies and colours.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts this week;-))m

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this image! The fairies are adorable!

chrissie said...

Very beautiful project. Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Becca Yahrling said...

It was so stormy here that we didn't get a chance to see the Strawberry moon - so disappointed! So ... thanks for showing me your beautiful interpretation.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful colour of background on this creation.
Thank you for entering our How does your Garden grow challenge.

Kath

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! Gorgeus card!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Another sweet card, Helene! Happy Wednesday!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

silhouette against the beautiful background is stunning

~amy~ said...

super pretty, the background is awesome!

Migdalia said...

Such a wonderful card!! Lovely!

Gail said...

beautiful colors! Love this scene

New Creations said...

Love this pretty stamp with a beautiful BG!

froebelsternchen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! I am impressed by the wonderful background! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday this time! oxo Susi

Joan said...

Gorgeous background!!! I love the coffee cup and fairies stamp! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Beverley said...

What a lovely way to mark such an event. LOVE the BG and the stamp is so pretty with it. Very inspiring, Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful background!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So adorable, what a great image, I love the background you created.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the colors on this card.

Helen F. said...

Super sweet card!

Ozstuff said...

Delightful!

zandra said...

What a cool background and love the fairies! Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Tonya said...

Great card!

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

Beautiful colours you have used on your card, awesome image
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie Dt

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

nice

laurigami said...

So gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to stamps. hugs
laurigami

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous card!vfreat background.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the image of the fairies and the cup and your background is beautiful! Thanks for joining in the Mixed Media Card Challenge:)

Wheelie Crafty said...

love the colours you have used, the image is awesome
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

Sanna said...

that stamp is sooo pretty! and the dreamy background is perfect for the image! beautiful card. thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love the delicate colouring, and thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

Fliss said...

What a fabulous background you've created for the cute fairy silhouettes.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Make My Monday and wishing you luck.
Fliss DT x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album