Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Typography Journal Page

Here is my journal page from the Wanderlust 2019 January lessons on typography .  I've combined  Eliza's Mini Art Jar with Athanasia's composition ideas.  I thought the typography theme was fitting for my uncle-in-law Joe who was a newspaper publisher.  









 Materials:
*Lots of Tim Holtz products, both old and new--grunge board letters, paper doll and word strips,Salvage stickers, Bungled Sage distress ink
*Wendy Vecchi's Lower Case Art rubber stamps from Stamper's Anonymous
*Melody Ross (Brave Girls Club) typewriter graphic
*Sticko letter circle stickers
*typography dictionary page strips for background
*acrylic paints
*black ink and Sharpie
*sequin waste for circle stencil

Sharing at Art Journal Journey where this month's theme from Rike is The Colour Yellow

Entering:

Avenue 613 : Challenge 218 Anything Goes (I did not use the optional twist) #33 x
International Art and Soul:  Challenge 51 Make Your Own Background #10 x
The Library Challenge: #26  The Note   This is a new challenge for me--I looked for the rules but didn't see if it's cards only.  #4 x
A Inky Mess Challenge #27 Anything Mixed Media Goes #15 x
Mix It Up: Challenge 22 Anything Goes (I did not do optional twist) #13  WINNER!

Creative Artiste Challenge #46 Anything Mixed Media Goes #17 x
More Mixed Media Challenge: February  Anything Goes with optional red (I did not do option) #1x
Craft Stamper MagazineFebruary Take It Make It Challenge:  Anything Goes-Take a Stamp and Make Something.  I'm #85 x

20 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is a terrific collage and I can tell you that I like all about it! Every detail is fitting here perfectly!
Thank you very much for joining our Yellow theme over at Art Journal Journey!
Big hugs, Susi

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful that combination of the yellow color and the nice Vintage motifs. There is all in harmony on this page. I like that style very much.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Marina said...

The Library is definitely not cards only and I'm delighted you entered this beautiful piece. The typewriter theme fits 'The Note' perfectly and I love all the vintage-style details. Thanks for joining The Library.

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful collage, love your vintage style and details!!
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 613 Ave Create...Good Luck!
DT Shell
http://avenue613.blogspot.com

Julie said...

I enjoy how in your creations you are sometimes able to share people or events of your life. Thank you for sharing with us!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this page - fantastic collaging of those ageing, yellowing papers, and the lettering throughout makes me happy - all those different fonts!
Alison x

Rike said...

Wonderful collage with much yellow in the background! Your details are gorgeous, I like the letters you cutted from a newspaper fitting perfect to your theme about your uncle-in-law Joe as he was a newspaper publisher, cool!
Thank you very much for linking to Art Journal Journey where my theme is yellow! Rike

Josephine said...

So many elements combined to give this result. Great project.

Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

Sammy said...

Oh this is fab! Lovely page! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

Jackie C said...

What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had intended to get here sooner, because I LOVE your art, but couldn't leave comments until now, Unfortunately life got in the way, and I am sorry for getting here so late.

One of the things that always strikes me about your art is your color sense. That might sound weird since this seems to be a color challenge this month at Art Journal Journey. However, I really like how you limited your palette to green, brown, and yellow.

I'm also impressed with your amazing composition. The background goes so well with the various embellishments and focal images. This is a stunning entry, and I am thrilled you chose to share it with us using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. I love this art piece.

Andree said...

A fabulous journal page. Wonderful layout and details.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Sheryl said...

A fabulous journal page. I love all of the visual elements.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Suzette Hussey said...

Thank you for energy The Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge. I love your journal page. I am doing Wanderlust also but have not had a chance to complete any lessons let.

Cindy Gay said...

A great layout!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

Oh I really LOVE this!!! The colours.. the masculine feel... the antique feel... it's just glorious!
Thank you for playing along with us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog!

hazel said...

This is a wonderful journal page, I love everything about it, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Ecletics.
xxx Hazel.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

The background is awesome. Love all the textures. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Jo Ann said...

Great masculine card. So glad you joined our February Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you link with us again next month. Have a blessed week!

JO ANN
https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album