Sunday, January 3, 2021

Longing for Family and Travel in 2021

Happy 2021 New Year!  I'm delighted to put 2020 behind me.  The year started out great with many wonderful moments and adventures, but I've been shut at home since mid-March.  I'm looking forward to a brighter 2021. 

The January prompt at Art Journal Journey is My Favourite Things.

Family, traveling, and art are among my favorite things which I combined into this two page art journal spread. I hope to get back to doing those things in 2021--a new beginning after COVID is under control. And hope springs eternal that I will get to England some day to see where my parents were married.

Inspiration for the layering is from Mary Beth Shaw of Stencilgirl Products who offers " art along" sessions on her FaceBook page which are taped and can be done at any time.  You may recognize some Tim Holtz products--tissue paper, stencil, washi tape and paper dolls. I layered in some drywall tape, old sheet music, and a cut up Basic Grey scrapbook paper.  Waves across the ocean are a STAMPlorations ARTplorations FOILED stencil.


Entering:

More Than Words: Main January Challenge:  Beginnings and Washi Tape #1   Regional USA Winner!!!!


STAMPlorations January Stencil Challenge #4


Mixed Media Academy Challenge Blog: January: Hope Grows Everywhere #1

My hope is to travel and to hug family again.  I took inspiration from 1) the texture of the elephant skin and patterns in the other pictures by using drywall tape and 2) from the sky--thinking of crossing the ocean to England.  I used the last 3 colors (no lilac).

25 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I am with you Helene about wanting to see family and travel. 202o was quite a year. Your page covers my feelings too. I love the postal tissue paper and those stenciled waves. Beautiful work. And perfect for this month's AJJ challenge. I am very happy you joined us, and hope to see you again also. Thank you. Hope your 2021 starts off well and that you have a happy new year as you would like. Hugs-Erika

Agnieszka Mirkowska said...

I love the way you interpreted our moodboard! Great pages! Thank you for joining the challenge!
Greetings,
Aga Mirkowska Mixed Media Academy DT member

Dana Tatar said...

I love all the layers on this spread. Beautiful work! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

nwilliams6 said...

I normally am not hip on travel (did a bunch of it for work years ago and was never home), but now that we can't travel, I am dreaming of it often. Love the details and texture of your pages and all the wonderful things to look at. So well done and inspiring!

Marie/Mison said...

Loving the layers & the details. Happy New Year & thank you for participating in the More Than Words Challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

It wasn't good last year for travel or seeing family, I also lost my best friend to cancer in Autumn so Winter is bleak! I am hoping that 2021 with a vaccine now available things will begin to feel 'normal' soon!
You journal page is full of hope - such fabulous layers and colours! Happy New Year, Chrisx

Heather McMahon said...

Oh what a fab page! I love your colours and the journaling. To be eligible for a prize at More Than Words you just need to add an image of our challenge board. Thanks for joining in!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I marvel at your wonderful work! The color is so beautiful!
Happy New Year, hugs Elke

Kropki i Kreski said...

Wonderful work! Happy New Year, KatPaleczny from DT More Than Words.

Vidhi Jadeja said...

Beautiful Project. Love the colours and layers! Thank you so much for playing with us at MTW challenge. DT - Vidhi Jadeja

Jinal Savla said...

Hey,beautiful work.. loved your layering and stencil work.. best wishes to you and a happy new year.. Jinal Savla, Dt @more than words challenge

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a gorgeous mixed media spread! I love all of the Tim Holtz products that you used and hopefully 2021 will bring us all new beginnings! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I promised myself I wouldn't be late visiting my Art Journal Journey friends, but here I am running late and several days have passed that I've missed. It started when I lost electricity on January 1 and hasn't allowed me to catch up due to the cold that still prevails in my home.

What a cornucopia of background beauty. Your choice of products to use on the background made me smile. I also like how you colored the hats on the paper dolls, too. Thanks for this incredible beauty you shared with us at Art Journal Journey, Helene.

Jinal Savla said...

Gorgeous layering, much love to you.. DT Jinal Savla.. thank you for playing along with Mixed Media Academy Challenge..

sarah Dorgere said...

This is so beautiful! I love colors
Thank you for playing with MTW.

Ragozina Olga said...

Wow!!!!!Love it!!!! Fantastic work! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

Priya Mishra said...

Such a beautiful page. Love the textures and your explanation of how you are inspired from our moodboard. Thank you for playing with us this month. Hope to see you again soon.

Маги said...

Very beautiful interpretation of our board Thank you for playing with us in Mixed Media Academy!
Hugs,
DT Maggie

Montse said...

Good Job! 😃

Creative Crumbs said...

Such a lovely meaning behind your project and great textures too. Thanks for playing along with our January Mixed Media Academy challenge :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your spread and the colours are fab, let's hope we can all get to travel a bit more this year. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

Agnieszka Mirkowska said...

Great pages! Thank you for the participation in MTW challenge! Greetings,
Aga Mirkowska

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

What a beautiful art journal page and great start in the new year. Thank you so much for joining us at MTW.

Priya Satish said...

Beautiful journal page. Thank you for joining us at the MMA challenge. - Priya Satish DT

creatif edges said...

what a beauty !!! love the creation...!! thanks for joining us at MMA challenge - DT shraddha

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album