Friday, October 7, 2011

Shabby Halloween Tag


I'm entering this in the Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #82: A Shabby Autumn. We were given an inspiration photo with orange pumpkins to work from. I made this tag with this challenge in mind.
UPDATE:  This tag won Honorable Mention Cup of Tea!


This is a black tag run through the Cuttlebug with Tim Holz' Sissex cobweb Alterations folder, then sanded to expose the white for the cobweb.  The orange bottlecap insert is a circle stamp covered with DG3 Art Gel.


The two orange pumpkins and the black spider are from the Bella Creations October Embellishment Kit.


Stamp, pumpkin girl image, cloth ribbon and black tag all are from the Red Lead on-line store.  This tag is being swapped in the Red Lead Black Tag Halloween swap.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely Halloween tag! Have a good weekend, Valerie

Sharon said...

This is so cute - I love the "shabby" look!!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable sweet sweet tag! I love everything about it!!Thank you for sharing your wonderful tag at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Kathryn said...

Love that tag (and all your creations!), Halloween is my ultimate favorite holiday! I especially love your blog-ground, perfect!!!
I'm so bummed that my studio belongings are on a truck to the new house during this time of year :(
Thanks for the Halloween "fix" Ha!
hugs!
kat

busymartha said...

Great job Helene, I love that the tag is black. I've gotta start using the ripped material bows, they are rusticly cute! Marllyn

Emily D. said...

This is so pretty!!! Love it!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your Halloween tag! The embossed web has such texture I'm loving how you've brought the white out by sanding. The bottle cap is a great embellishment, too.... cool tag!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Oh, now that's a charmer! Love your use of the bottle cap!
And thanks for the enthusiastic comment which I found this morning over a late breakfast.
I'm smiling all over again thinking of you and those words you chose to use.
Rose

Unknown said...

This is jaw-dropping gorgeous! I'll have to stop by Bella's soon, won't I?

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album