Sunday, October 2, 2011

SCRAP O WEEN HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED

The Flying Unicorn is having a SCRAP*O*WEEN.  My oh my!  Prizes Galore!  Daily games!  Weekly challenges!  Month long challenge!  PRIZES  Did I mention there are prizes?  Join the Flying Unicorn Forum and have some fun!---all month long!


As you know by now I'm on the Product Creative Team at the Flying Unicorn.  I'm hosting one of the Scrap*o*ween weekly challenges.  My challenge is this week and runs ONLY UNTIL OCTOBER 8th  So don't be tardy to the party!


MIND YOUR MUMMY
My example: originally I was going to make this beautiful vintage canvas with some gauze and lace all painted and glued in with a stunning image of a mother and daughter. But this is what I ended up with in my art journey:
Here is the challenge:
Any art form--layout, card, hangy thingy, etc.
Theme: mothers or mummies. You can make something for Halloween or NOT.
Twist: must include somewhere on project, visible to the naked eye, GAUZE.


(For my gauze twist, I chose to make a flower.)


Products I used from the Flying Unicorn on-line store:
Pink Paislee Phantom House of 3: papers---Mystic (green), Haunted (31 playing card cut out), brad (gauze flower center)
FrancyPants Designs: paper: Oct. 31-Cards (good little witch words and hat which I cut up); Glitter Cuts (the frame for my mom)
Graphic 45 Magic of Oz paper (Good Witch card)
If you like these products and want some, they're on sale this month:
store

Other Products:
Crafty Secrets mom and little girl images
Petaloo flowers
Thickers
K&Co Glitter Sticker Alphabet


I did mention prizes didn't I?  Here's the one for my challenge.  Then entire Websters Pages Christmas paper pack:


Please join me at the Flying Unicorn for Scrap*o*ween.  Enter if you dare......
Scrap o ween

8 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

It is the humour on your lo that jumps out. Brilliant concept.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds good, Halloween is my fave! Valerie

Chris Arlington said...

Love what you've done with your blog! Song is great too!

Sharon said...

Love your "Mummy" creation Helene!! This is such a fun piece and your gauze flower is perfect!!!

Michele said...

awesome canvas! hilarious and fabulouly done. happy hallowe'en! xo

Terry said...

Very cool/spooky Halloween creation! Love the gauze flower!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, how cool is this? Love your Halloween creation!!!!

XO
Cindy

Starr said...

Fabulous fun at flying unicorn! Love your mummy lo!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album