Saturday, October 1, 2011

The October Fun Begins at Flying Unicorn

A new month long challenge from me located in the Forum:

My challenge is season adaptation.  Take something you use all the time and adapt it for your crafting in October/November/December.  I adapted my Martha Stewart punch butterflies to look fallish; used some crystal sprays from my summer layout to be amber waves of grain; and used a romantic black tie affair flower to be spooky.  

The following items are from the Flying Unicorn on-line store:
The label is fancy cut from FancyPants Oct 31 collection: cards
The back flower is Petaloo Flora Doodles, Crinkled Rose Layers Black
I punched the butterflies from the text page that comes as part of the flower packaging from Flying Unicorn.



A new kit:
the flying unicorn store


A month long sale:
the flying unicorn store

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

sounds spoooooooooookily, freakishly gooooooooooooooood! Valerie

Sharon said...

Love the sentiment Helene! Great "black" flower - I love it!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

What a brilliant twist on the Hallowe'en theme.
Very elegant which I particularly love.
Wishes
Lynne

SusanK said...

Love the idea of taking out-of-season items and making them fit the bill. So pretty!

Lori said...

Beautiful card! What a great kit, too!

Denise said...

Great challenge Helene! I love your examples!

Anonymous said...

oooh my, what a great idea!! I love butterflies, you have just inspired me to make them "autumny"!!
Great card! The punches look awesome that way!
~Scarlett

Micupoftea said...

LOVE the gems, great 'twist' with the butterfly punch! Super example, but then you are super creative! :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album