Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pages In TIme Thursday Sketch Challenge April 1: ROSE


 Here's my layout for the Pages In Time Thursday Sketch that was posted a week ago.
I loved this sketch with the birdcage and bird because they symbolize my mom's free spirit. I used my mom's confirmation photo.  She took the Saint's name, Rose.  I used a lot of lace on this layout because of the beautiful lace on the table in the photo.


I used both sides of the patterned papers in the PIT March kit--even cutting out the birdcage from one of the sheets. Supplies: TPC Studio: Ancestral Remember Moments Quote patterned paper; 7 Gypsies: Savannah Collection: Warren, Kaisercraft: Pennyroyale Collection: Evelyn.  I love the look of the tattered fabric leaves and the gems, also from the PIT kit.  Another PIT member, Angela Holt, sent me one her hand-crafted fabric flowers which I used for the bird's nest.

The Wendy Vecchi influence is on the layout as well.  In the last workshop I took from her, she introduced me to the Maya Road mini alphas and taught me how to make a grunge paper rose with her Studio 490 rose stamp.  I used lots of Ranger Distress inks.  I inked up a Maya Road chipboard bird and used one of Wendy's stamps on the wing.  The rose also has a coating of Perfect Pearls for some shine.

Woo Hoo!  I was chosen as a Ginger Gem for the cupcake ATC  that I made for the Gingersnap Creations Supply Challenge: Frosting.  They felt my ATC exemplified that challenge's objective.

Last Week I was the Home Page Diva on the Yahoo! group Red Lead Swap Sisters.  They showcased one of the ATCs I made for the spring swap. Today I got in the mail the swapped out ATCs-- all of them treasures. I also got some great goodies from Red Lead. 

Thanks to both groups for finding my work worthy of the special honors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely layout. And the lace is gorgeous!

Lori said...

Congrats to you, Helene! You deserve it, your work is simply stunning. Love the layout, the flowers are really COOL!

Clare Lloyd said...

such a lovely LO. the lace works so well with the image. ClareX

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Stunning. Love the colours. Lynne M

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album