Monday, October 18, 2010

YUM: Pumpkin Bread


This is a family favorite which I always make for Thanksgiving.  It's never served as dessert.  Rather, the kids grab a slice for a late night snack or breakfast. Now the recipe will be handy since the layout will be displayed on an easel in my kitchen.  And yes, that's a picture of the cake sitting on my kitchen table.

I used the Bo Bunny Olivia papers and cutouts that came in the October Pages In Time kit.  Many hours were spent this weekend fussy cutting from the patterned papers all of the leaves for vines and the flowers. I added a TPC Studio Rustic Garden pumpkin die cut for the background mat.  I cut out the boy and girl from some Crafty Secrets Halloween images.  Additional flowers are Prima and a Websters Pages bloomer.  Flower centers are Stickles in Scattered Straw or Holly.

I'm submitting this to  
Simply Scrapping Crafts for the Sketchy Saturday October Week 2 sketch. 

Dezinaworld: feminine plus masculine spot challenge  I have both a boy and a girl from Crafty Secrets on my layout
The Shabby Tea Room:  Week #32 Chocolate Covered Autumn:  be inspired by the photo:  I was inspired by the fall colors and the cake

7 comments:

Pattie said...

This is great - I love that you used an actual picture of the cake! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

Lori said...

Sounds yummy to me! Are you making that this weekend? rofl! Wonderful layout and way to showcase a family recipe.

Faye said...

Beautiful, beautiful, Helene. And the pumpkin bread looks so good.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is superb !! what a great idea and so very beautifully made too. Love the recipe and pumpkin bread and the little boy and girl are sooo cute !!
thanks so much for joining in the challenge this week, I am thrilled you did
hugs June xxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is adorable and love the way you incorporated a receipe. Lynne M

Debbie said...

Oooohhhh ... this is such a clever idea and what a pretty LO! I can see one of these for each holiday showcasing your favorite confection or recipe! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun way of showing off a family recipe! Awesome!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album