Monday, November 28, 2011

Some Cards

The Huber Thanksgiving Family Reunion is over.  I'm anxiously awaiting the return of my dds at Christmastime.  


I recently went to a Stampin' Up Stamp Camp hosted by my local SU demonstrator, Gail Downs.  We had 10 stations.  Nice thing about stamp camp is everything is thought out and cut out.  Bad thing is I have to work at a faster pace and don't like when I make mistakes.  Case in point, I had to add some lace to the second card to hide a booboo--glued together cards because the embossed sentiment wasn't straight the first time around.  Petty details, I know.  

So here are two of the cards we made.  It's cold, windy, and overcast today, making for a poor photograph.  The red paper is really glittery.  The silver embossing is shiny.  You get to see the dull version because of poor lighting.

 I have more cards to show you as the month goes on.  Hope you are staying warm and finding time to scrap a lot!

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The cards are very pretty, even if the lighting wasn't ideal! Valerie

Marjie Kemper said...

These are so pretty! I especially love the second one with the dove and the beautiful bit of lace.

Sandi Clarkson said...

I think they are awesome, Helene! Stay warm, hon!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful Christmas cards.

Terry said...

Lovely cards and I know exactly what you mean about classes! The most simply of things can just cause me such grief! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family! I had the pleasure over the weekend of meeting a blogger friend, so cool!

Netty said...

Both beautiful cards, especially love the gorgeous bluebird. x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album