Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Bird Challenge for You

In conjunction with her first kit release in her Etsy shop, the Vintage Page Designs Bird Kit, Ali Manning is hosting a bird challenge on her blog. Vintage Page Designs.  


As guest designer for her limited edition kit, here is the sample I made for her challenge:


About my card:  
I used one of the beautiful quality blank cards that Ali sent me.  I set out to paint a background to match the birds that I fussy cut from one of the kit pages--each page a vintage original in pristine condition. I ended up using a mixture of Adirondack acrylic paints mixed with ArtQuest USA MicaColor watercolors in vintage tones.  I added the lace trim from the kit.  Ali packages her products so beautifully that I hate to open them.  Obviously I did open them, but saved every bit of wrap.  Some of that wrap is the twine behind the Jenni Bowlin banner I created to make the word chirp.  I photographed my card resting on top of one of the vintage dictionary pages from the kit.


I hope you have time to play along with the bird challenge. You'll find the details on Ali's blog HERE along with inspirational samples from the other guest designers.


9 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely card, Helene. The birds are wonderful - such patience to fussy cut them :o)

Netty said...

Beautiful work Helene. x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love the use of the lace.

Brenda Brown said...

Love that soft background and the contrast with those gorgeous birds in the foreground. A great card Helene and beautiful kits.
hugs {brenda} xox

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, love the pearl in the beak and the flags look great!

Micupoftea said...

Oh, love the birds..the banner is fun :)
Have a great week~

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Vintage perfection!
Wishes
Lynne

Barb said...

What a sweet card, luv it !!

Ali Manning said...

I love this piece, Helene - I can't decide if I love the strip of lace the best or the cute bunting at the top. I think the bunting wins, it's so charming! Thanks for creating such an amazing and inspiring piece of art!!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album