Thursday, August 8, 2013

Create for a Cause at Gecko Galz

Posting this again--Gecko Galz links have been updated.....

Our newest Gecko Galz design team campaign calls attention to the team members' individual favorite charities. This time around Leanne has asked us create a special project.  I chose to make a scrapbook page.

At the end of the campaign, you get to vote for your favorite project.  Stakes are high this month as the winner gets a Gecko Galz donation made to her charity. Mine is Relay for Life Christian County (Illinois).   Local people helping people in our community.

I think I can speak for everyone reading my blog that there are many charities I could have chosen because I personally have been touched by many situations encountered by family and friends.

In the end, I chose our local group through Relay for Life because my co-worker was just diagnosed with breast cancer, has already undergone the surgery, and has returned to work after the usual recovery period.  She now is undergoing the chemo treatments while still trying to work.



As a group, we decided to show our support by wearing our "pink" tee-shirts on her first day back at the office.  Since we have two offices and she couldn't see those of us at the other office wearing our shirts, we decided to take a photo.  When this Gecko Galz challenge came up, I asked my co-workers if I could scrap our "photo" for this campaign.  I gave her the actual scrapped page, framed, as a reminder of our support as she goes through weeks of chemo.

The frame is a shadowbox, needed because of the fussy cutting and pop dotting of a second layer of flowers along with all the other embellies tucked here and there and the butterfly wings flying upward in hope. Therefore, the photo of the page inside the shadowbox isn't perfect (I didn't notice the glare from the glass until after I gave it away):



Gecko Galz products:
Fairest Rose paper (from Wild Roses digital  Paper Pack, a March 2013 product)  digitally altered from beige to gray:  print full size 8x10 inches once.  print again for roses
Crazy Mannequins collage sheet:  bust and label
Tickets Please collage sheet:  rose tickets
Decorative tape from Vanity  Fair digital Paper Pack
Time Flies collage sheet - clock

Other Products
Me and My Big Ideas Mambi Sheets  Specialty Cardstock-The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
The Paper Studio Gemstones: Pink Ribbons Stickers
Jenni Bowlin pink butterfly
KandCo rosette
Ranger Distress Ink Marker in Vintage Photo to outline the fussy cut collage images
8x10 shadow box frame

Directions on Gecko Galz website.

As with each bi-monthly Gecko Galz campaign, each design team member has her project featured on the main Gecko Galz site along with her tutorial and list of Gecko Galz products.  For this Create for a Cause Campaign, proceeds of the Gecko Galz products  purchased to make my sample will go to the Cancer Society.    When you purchase any Gecko Galz Products used on this project, we will donate 10% of the sales to the Cause above! This is Gecko Galz' Way of giving back. 
Please be sure to use my code:  GGHEL01 when purchasing any of the items I used.
 
So it is advised you visit often, not only to be inspired by the projects but also so that you can donate to many fine causes through your purchases.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful Cause you selected. I just did the relay for life with one of my friends a couple months back. So glad your friend is back at work, and hope she is doing well!!
Love your scrapped page Helene!!
Hugs
Heather

Sophie said...

Eine super Idee :-)

Liebe Grüße von Sophie xx

Anonymous said...

Completely fabulous and so very special.
The selection of Gecko Galz images could not be more suited.
Wishes
Lynne

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album