I started with a piece of cardboard and covered it with Melissa Frances Pearl paper. After using distress inks, I edged it with Ranger Antique Bronze distress stain
The Gecko Galz collage sheets I used are Book Covers and Jane's Story.
I printed the Jane Eyre cover 2-1/2" x 4". (Print a second time to cut and pop up Title plate and butterfly circle.)
Archival coffee ink to stamp plain back side of cover. I used a lace border Stampabilities rubber stamp. Distress with Ranger tea dye Distress ink. I was very sloppy with this as I knew almost all of it would be covered up.
I cut heavy quality card paper 14-1/4" x 3-3/4" and scored to make accordian folds. I distressed with Ranger tattered rose Distress Ink.
After printing the Jane's Story collage pages, I fussy cut individual pages and distressed with Ranger tea dye or weathered wood Distress Inks. Assemble book, gluing pages on both sides.
Leave last panel on back side blank and attach a ribbon tie before adhering book to card. I used copper ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Bring ribbon ends to front and tie in bow.
Enlarge, alter color, print and fussy cut the collage image from the Jane's Story collage page. Distress with Ranger tea dye Distress ink. I love that the collage was already done for me. I only had to embellish it.
Layer vintage doily, collage sheet, crochet lace (from Really Reasonable Ribbon) and flowers. Add die cut butterfly (Antique Bronze distress stain), gluing only down center. Add pearls to bracelet and ring.
I added a vintage necklace for the hanger, draping it down into the composition.
I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #78: Pink and Brown with Ribbon
It's All About the Vintage and Beauty Challenge #50 Summer Flowers
The Craft Room Challenge: BINGO. My second entry, this time I went straight down the right side:
brown, lace, and pearls
Our Creative Corner: Words, Words, Words. My second entry here as well. This time using Jane's words for my entry.
Emma's Crafty Challenge: Floral