Saturday, October 11, 2014

Altered Playing Cards 9 and 10

This 6th week Claudine is working with a Halloween theme, tissue tape, stamps, torn napkins, and a stencil.   You can see the cards she made at her blog HERE.

Early on, I decided two things about my set of cards:
1) I would NOT do a mix of horizontal and vertical designs because I want all the cards "going the same way".  This has limited me in some product choices.
2) Even after the discussion regarding memorizing the cards by their designs, I DO plan on actually using this set--even if it's only to play Solitaire.  Therefore, I'm resisting the temptation to turn them into ATCs by using 3-D embellishments or going beyond the borders.  I'm really hoping these can be shuffled when all is said and done.



Card 9:

I chose a card where I had added crushed tissue paper when applying the gesso base coat.
I painted the card with USArtQuest Perfect Pigment Acrylic Orange.
I added USArtQuest Vintage Mica Color Copper Pipe Watercolor Paint, highlighting the folds and creases of the tissue paper.
Instead of covering the card with tissue tape (since it already had the tissue paper base), I added two patterns of washi tape to fill the void..
acrylic stamp of houses is from a Martha Stewart set.  I knew I wouldn't get a clean stamped image because of the textured tissue paper but I like the eerie effect that was created--almost like ghosts are popping out of the windows.
witch digital image is from Gecko Galz Little Witches collage sheet



Entering Card 9 in the following challenges:
Anything Goes With a Twist--this is a new challenge blog and this week is Challenge 2 with the twist FEMALE
Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Facebook Group:  Halloween Ladies of the Night


Card 10:

I chose a card where I had added drywall mesh tape when applying the gesso base coat.
I painted the card with USArtQuest Perfect Pigment Acrylic Orange.
I edged with what was left on the paint brush from highlighting card 9 with USArtQuest Vintage Mica Color Copper Pipe Watercolor Paint
I was able to find the same paper napkin that Claudine used and created the torn napkin effect.
rubber stamp of eye is Red Lead Paperworks
Poe digital image is from Gecko Galz Poe collage sheet
Dylusion stencil and black Sharpie pen down right side
black ink splatters
old numbers and letters from stash



Entering Card 10 in the following challenge:
Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Facebook Group:  Halloween Theme - woohoo!  I WON!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album