Monday, November 10, 2014

Altered Playing Cards 15 and 16: Flowers

Catching Up with Week 9 at Claudine's Corner where the altered playing cards have a flower theme for the week.  You can see Claudine's cards and her prompts HERE



Card 15

We are to doodle by drawing our own flowers and use washi tape for center and stems.



I chose instead to use a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamp from her Art By the Numbers set.  I paired it with a digital image from Vera Lane Studio colored with Copics and Kurecolor markers. I get the same doodling effect without stressing over my own doodling!(Instead I stressed over cutting straight lines on the word strip!)
I restamped the flower center onto orange paper to coordinate with the washi tape along the bottom.
Ranger Distress Marker crushed olive to color the leaves.
Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Spray in fresh lime and squeezed orange for the card base.
Pink Paislee Paper Dolls Bits and Pieces (Christy Tomlinson She Art) for the word strip

Card 16

We are to stencil the background, then die cut flowers.



I created a different background, using neither torn tissue tape nor a large stencil. Instead of a die, I used a Martha Stewart punch to make a snowflake. I guess that makes my flowers the holly.
I started by painting the top 2/3 of the card with Ranger Distress Stain broken china.  I like how the gesso resisted the stain, making it look like there are some clouds in the sky.
I painted the bottom 1/3 with Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Paint dazzle .  This is an interesting product. The camera might pick it up as dirty snow, but actually that's gold flecks of glitter.
I fussy cut the girl from the Pink Victorian Vintage Holly Girl digital collage sheet found at My Artisitc Adventures Etsy shop.  I edged the image with Ranger Distress Marker in anqtique linen. I used Sakura Gelly Roll pen in clear star to highlight the fur and stocking.
After placing her on the card, I stenciled 3 trees on the horizon line behind her.  I used Dylusions  Oh Christmas Tree stencil and a Ranger Distress Marker in crushed olive.



3 comments:

Heather said...

Helene,
Both of your altered cards turned out fabby! I love the background that you did with the 2nd one...that you used my image on....so Darling...Love all the texture of the background...and the colors..and added touches to the hat, fur on her jacket....DARLING!!
Hugs
Heather

Wendy said...

These APC's are fantastic Helene. I love them both! Great backgrounds and designs on both cards!

Claudine said...

Really love these, your use of the Vera Lane image is so great! Nicely done

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album