Monday, April 20, 2015

Birthday Scrappy Page

I finally decided on a scrapbook layout size.  I went from 6x6 to 8x8 and settled on 6x8.  This size gives me some page protectors with pockets for journal cards and 4x6 photos.  Whew!  I can easily alter the two pages I've already done for the new size.

Here is a new 6x8 page which I made for some challenges.  It is totally digital.  I will digitally add the photo of my grandson when I get it and then print the page out to place in the book.  He had a baseball themed birthday party.



Digital Credits:

Imagine That! Digis by Kris:  Baseball Papers, Baseball Boys collection: basaeball and boy--both pre-colored for easy use!!!

Kris Breach participates in Pixel Scrapper where I've been introduced to many fine digital artists who share their work.

The following items I found at Pixel Scrapper:
Janet Scott: Baseball word (top left)
Sheila Reid: Brick background--this will be replaced when the actual photo is inserted (but how awesome is this paper?)
Brooke Gazarek: MVP card

I cropped and layered 3 of Kris' baseball papers for the background.  I layered the boy on top of the baseball and added shadowing for dimension.  Then I added the MVP card and baseball word and layered behind the brick paper.  I added my own computer generated text.

Challenges:

Aud Sentiments Fifth Birthday Celebration: Challenge # 129 Happy Birthday sentiment or number 5 due April 21 I'm #96 x
Come and Get It Challenge (new to me) Things that Start with B due April 25. I'm #43 x
Crafty Boots (new to me) Red, White and Blue due April 26.  I'm #14
Imagine That!  Use Any IT image--winner drawn every 10 entries.  I'm #14








10 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

I wish my digital skills were this good. Your layout looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Kristine said...

This turned out really COOL! I love all the papers and the brick overlay is awesome. Love that you put the baseball boy right on the ball. Cool, cool! Thanks so much for sharing in our Customer Gallery - and I'm sure your grandson would love to see what you created with his picture in the middle :) xx

Mrs Beez said...

So excited to have you share your work with us Helene. Your layout is stunning, I had to go back and re-read your post to be sure as I couldn't believe it was all digital Amazing! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Judy McKay said...

Great little boy's card. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Sandy said...

A wonderful layout, love the colour scheme and the cute little baseball player too. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sandy

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Oh goodness, so much to say.

First, don't you just love Pixel Scrapper. I too have soooo many awesome resources from Sheila, Marisa, Janet, Brooke and the others. Don't think I could live without them! Many of my own freebies are made using PS elements of one nature or another. I've actually got a couple new free papers on my blog if you'd like to come and take a look. The birthday cake is from Sheila.

Secondly, what a fabulous job on your digital creation. The layout and elements you've chosen are all wonderful.

Finally, thanks so much for entering your card into the customer gallery over at Imagine That! Digis by Kris. Isn't it great being able to have the option to use the coloured images?! Especially when doing digital work.

Good luck in the draw Helene.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Imagine That! Digis by Kris!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

Cards By MI said...

A fabby creation. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this time.
Love n hugs
MArie
PS. A new fun challenge will soon be up and running. :)

trisha too said...

Super cute little fellow!

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Helene! This will be sensational with his picture in place! As a grandmother of baseball playing twin boys, I love it!

It's been fun checking out your blog! Thank you for coming to visit me and leaving me some love so I could come and find you! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! (Congratulations on 400!) I hope you will pop back and follow me on my side bar, too, if you like! Enjoy your weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

This looks so cool!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album