Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Flowers from Nature

 

This month it's my turn to lead an art project during our local art guild meeting.  Since November is a month of thanksgiving and bountiful harvest, I decided to do vegetable printing as the activity.


I experimented with shallot sliced in half as the "stamp" to make flowers.  I also rolled corn on the cob in acrylic paint and then rolled it onto the page for a background.  For definition, I added marks with pens and paint markers.  

At Art Journal Journaling, this month's prompt is NATURE so  I'm sharing my vegetable print journal page with them.  

I'm also entering these challenges:

Crafting From the Heart #7 Anything Goes I'm #20

Simon Says Grunge It Up I'm #28

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #10 Anything Goes with Flowers I'm #54







Colorful Options November Red I'm #53

8 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this and the way you made it. The rolled corn background is fabulous, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing your beautiful vase of flowers for Jo's 'Nature' theme at AJJ, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love how you created it so creatively with the veggie stamps that you used, the bright colours made me smile 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

stampinwithanita said...

Wow! So creative...I wonder how the shallot smelled, though. Love the technique...Thank you so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is brilliant, Helene. I was very impressed that you used veggies for stamping. Loved the corn background, too. Beautiful and adorable. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Jo's nature theme.

Makira said...

❤️❤️❤️ this! Your artwork is truly breathtaking. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira 🌈🎨❤️

Leonie said...

Brilliantly articulated! Your post is a standout, offering insightful perspectives. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Maria Kana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casumo said...

I'm grateful for the positive community your blog has built. It's a supportive space.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album