Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Alice

Today I'm combining the Tag Tuesday prompt:  Windows, Gates, Doors and Portals
with the Lunagirl Blog Challenge, Alice in Wonderland.

I used an image from the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland collage sheet from Lunagirl Moonbeams.  We all know Alice's story--she falls asleep under a tree while reading a book and ends up following a rabbit down the rabbit hole.  I like this particular depiction of the hole as she descends into Wonderland.

Portal--the rabbit hole.  Door--cupboard.



I printed the scene three times and fussy cut the door (along with Alice) once and adhered it to the scene with pop dots in order to have the door really open.  I fussy cut Alice a second time and layered her with double pop dots to complete the artist's 3-D effect.


(The side view of my paper door makes it look a little wonky but then so is the whole idea of Alice going down a rabbit hole.)

Other materials:
Tim Holtz number stamp, tissue tape and metal keyhole.  Ranger Distress Markers in Vintage Photo, Crushed Olive and Black Soot, used for edging papers.  Bits and bobs from my stash to finish off the tag.
The tissue tape I chose has the definitions for dream, memory, and imagine--perfect for this dream scene.

Lunagirl Challenge: Alice

Some of the papercrafters in my blogging circle are on the design team at Lunagirl.  That's what got me started entering the challenges.  The challenge winner is by random draw.  I was lucky to win the Gatsby challenge.   Since the next several challenge themes are listed on their sidebar, I was able to browse and choose some images for this and  future entries and then use my gift certificate towards the purchase of them.  I hope you, too,  have time to come and play at Lunagirl.

And I hope you are inspired by the latest set of tags made by the players at Tag Tuesday.

I've also been inspired by these challenges and am entering my project here:

Sugar Creek Hollow: A Child's Life

The Cheerful Stamp Pad:  Challenge #67 Your Choice

Try It On Tuesdays:  Create a Scene-- I made some of the items 3-D.  From my stash I added part of a border trim.  Do you see the rabbit from the collage sheet image?  He's barely visible behind the clock.  The keyhole and key symbolize the next part of Alice's adventure when she lands at the bottom of that hole.
 For My August  Alice Tag

26 comments:

Michele said...

i am really in love with this tag! it has so many great elements to it. thank you for plugging the lunagirl challenges which are SO awesome and many thanks for joining both the alice challenge at lunagirl as well as the "your choice" challenge at cheerful stamp pad. you got a lot of mileage out of this fabulous piece! xo

Unknown said...

What an amazing tag, Helene, it tells the story so well, xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous tag!! So much detail, and you have combined all the required elements so cleverly!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Helen, love the image and the tag is gorgeous. Great idea with the lock and key.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Evil Edna said...

thank you for sharing your wonderfully detailed tag with us on TIOT. I espeacially like the botoom of the tag.EE

Brenda Brown said...

A brilliant amalgamation of themes Helene and fabulous images.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Claudia N. said...

A truly enchanting tag, Sam!

I love the feeling of motion you created here! Fascinating!

Thank you for joining us at TIOT!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Claudia N. said...

Me again... sorry for calling you "Sam", Helene...seems I mistook the 2 for an S. Silly me.

Claudia x

Paper Profusion said...

Wow this is intriguing! Beautifully done - the 3d elements and 'curve' background really give super dimension. Very cleverly created scene. Nicola x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very cool tag!!! You can really feel the movement in the scene!

Karen Lunagirl said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the 3-D effect and the lock and key. Just perfect. This is a cool image and you used it to great effect! Thanks for entering it in my Lunagirl blog challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet.
I so like the key and keyhole.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

A wonderful tag with beautiful details. Thank you for joining us ay SCH this time.
Yvonne

Sharon said...

A wonderful tag Helene!! I love the images and all your layering with them - very effective!

Terry said...

Love it all, but the tissue tie and the keyhole is brilliant! Love it!

Hazel said...

What a beautifully collaged project. Thank you for sharing for The Cheerful Stamp Pad 'free choice' challenge, Hazel, Cheerful stamp pad DT. x

Krisha said...

Hi Helene, sorry I'm so late I making the rounds. This tag is fantastic and prefect for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge "Free choice". Congrats on the win!!

Sherry Hickey said...

Magical! The tag shape is perfect for this fanciful and vertical scene! Someone else said it: your card has so much motion, and depth. The story of Alice is a huge part of childhood; thanks for joining with us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Sophie said...

Ein tolles Tag ist dir da gelungen.
Excellent!

PetraB said...

This is brilliant, so full of motion! Thank you for playing along with Lunagirl Moonbeams.

Karen Lunagirl said...

Hey girl, you've done it again! You just won the Alice in Wonderland blog challenge at Lunagirl Moonbeams! Email me at info@lunagirl.com to claim your prize.

Ellie Knol said...

I LOVE your beautiful contribution, absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us in the challenge on TIOT!

xxx Ellie xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant! I've always loved the bit where she's falling down the rabbit hole, and is able to read the titles of the books as she falls past them. This is a completely fabulous recreation of it... and congratulations on your win, as I see from the comment above mine!
Alison x

Ellis said...

Stunning tag and you got a perfect 3D effect with Alice floating around! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Gerri Herbst said...

So very sweet, love how you did the layers!

Vicki Romaine said...

Your tag is adorable. There are so many nice elements and the use of the double pop-ups making the images a real 3D is impressive. Thanks for coming back to The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album