Tuesday, July 26, 2016

GDT: Camper Scrapbook Page

This is my second July post as Guest Designer for Imagine That! Digis by Kris.  Her blog is HERE. Please visit to see other design team makes and current challenges.

A couple of weeks ago, my sister and her husband visited us for a week.  They brought with them their small Airstream Bambi travel trailer.  My four year old granddaughter and her younger brother paid them a visit to see the inside of the camper up close and personal.  She now owns the Barbie Airstream!!!!

You know what's coming next, right?  I had to make a scrapbook page of their visit.   I love that Kris gives us both precolored digis as well as outlines that we can color to suit our needs.



I used a lot of really old stuff in my stash to make these pages.

Starting with two pieces of 12x12" blue paper, I used a brayer to apply wet Ranger distress ink in broken china and salty ocean.  Then I sprayed on some Ranger distress spray stain in picket fence and dabbed with a sponge.

I ripped strips of asparagus Coredinations cardstock, ran them through the Big Shot with the Provo Craft bird call embossing folder, and sanded the raised embossed grass

Other Materials:
Provo Craft the Third Dimension Stand Outs: shaker sun wood embellishment
Fiskars Heidi Grace Chipboard Shapes Baby Boy
Twine
Burlap
Various bits and bobs for embellishments
Foam adhesive, Scor Tape and FinnabairArt Basics Heavy Body Gel
Black Sharpie
Hand Made Modern Satin acrylic paint: leaf

I used The Great Outdoors Kit which you can find in the store
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/
HERE




I colored the boy and girl with Copic markers, but printed out the pre-colored camper so that I could use the matching paper for my digital photos mini composition.  (I used the marshmallow for my journaling spot!)

The flags ae made with triangles of variouis patterned papers from Argyles and Plaids Digi Papers set found in the store HERE.


I have to tell you I was sitting at the art table with my granddaughter and was trying to decide if I should use large or small pennants when she suggested "making a pattern" ---so I did, alternating large and small.  So smart!

Entering These Challenges:

ABC Challenge: July 15 L is for Lots of Layers I'm #108 x

Classic Design Team Open Challenge July I'm #174 x

Southern Ridge Trading Co July: Anything Summer I'm #29 x

Stick It Down July Double Page Sketch  I'm #19 in a mix of 3 different challenges x





Til next time, I'll be crafting a lot in my little land of Scrap A Lot.


10 comments:

Kristine said...

SOOO Loving this Helene!!! Such a sweet memory to capture of your granddaughter too, I'm sure these will be treasured for many years to come. Super job on the pages!! This has to be my favorite so far with this set. Loving everything about it. :) THanks so much!

Colleen said...

Oh my that is just so very adorable, love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Super fun creation, love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Angelika said...

Cute! Thanks for creating with us at SID!

Laine Kammeraad said...

Absolutely love your card. Super Super ADORABLE.

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Unknown said...

beautiful creation and thanku for joining us, goodluck with your entry
Kristyn DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

AndreaNorris said...

Beautiful scene, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
Andrea x

Hanne said...

What a fun page! Love the use of digis on the layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Katelyn said...

Super Cut page! All the elements work so great together. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

Unknown said...

What gorgeous pages. I love that you used so many mediums and techniques. You are certainly very creative. What a great keepsake this will be. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album