Friday, May 24, 2019

River Walk Journal Spread

This is my take on Clare Etheridge's Wanderlust 2019 lesson Sketches Down the River..

My torn papers are my own Spanish Marbeling created in a class years ago.  I finally got to put some of that paper to use.  I'm happy with the calming effect of minimalist work on these journal pages.



I recently spent some time on Sanibel Island in Florida.  On one of my morning walks I found this see turtle wrapped in what appears to be a plastic bag.  I believe in the campaign to save the turtles and other sea life that mistake plastic for food.  At the shell show, I saw displays on how sea life attaches to the garbage in the ocean.  We must protect the ecosystems of our oceans and rivers.  I liked how this art journaling lesson gave me a creative outlet for this topic.





Entering:

International Art and Soul #58 Ecology/Environmental Conservation I'm #6



More Mixed Media Challenge: May Optional Pink I'm #25 x

1 comment:

Christine Harrop said...

This whole plastic thing is such a tragedy!! Thank you for sharing your experience and also sharing this great journalling page with us at IAAS. Good luck. Christine DT

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album