This weekend, I'm participating in an on-line Valentine Crop at Pages in Time. I'm plugging away at the challenges, one at a time. Here is my first one--the altered item.
I also moderate a group at Pages in Time called Hybrid and Altered Artists. Several of us have been talking about altering our embellishment containers. I used today's challenge to finally get mine done.
I took a very pretty image from the Graphics Fairy and Modge Podged it to the front of my glass jar. I had distresssed it with scissors and ink so that it would look like a worn label. When I covered the image with MP so that it'd hold up longer, a little of the ink smeared, but I like the effect--it now looks old.
Since this is a working container, holding my flowers, I decorated the lid so that it would be functional. Ribbons, flowers and the butterfly were items I already had on hand.
I love how the little girl looks like she's holding some flowers for me to use on my projects.