Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Inchies

Here is another project from last Saturday's Stampers' Retreat in Springfield. The club members came up with this cute idea to make a frame with inchies.  This was the last of my four workshops that day.  I was tired and this one was time consuming.  I ended up working like a dog on this project yet was the last attendee out of the building.  The wood frame is from the dollar bin which I painted blue and edged with a silver leafing pen.  The inside is a sheet of aluminum foil run through an embosser, a double mat, with stamped and heat embossed trees, and my favorite part--a painted, decorated match box with a surprise acrylic dog inside.   I spent way too much time selecting my stamps for all 18 pre-cut inchies. After I stamped them, I colored them and then finished with a green crayon color wash.  The final step was gluing them onto the frame. 
I think this is a really sweet project.  I have some inchie stamps of  vintage children's faces. I think that would work up into a cute frame for a baby gift.
It seems to me that inchies were a rather popular topic these past two weeks because I saw them showcased on several sites.  I jumped on the bandwagon and did my last  Queen Kat Designs Stampin' Saturday Technique post on the topic of inchies.  To see it, click on QKD.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Helen, your frame is gorgeous!!! Love those inchies...def looks like it was time consuming!!!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

I think this may be the cutest inchies project I have seen. This is adorable, and very clever! You make me want to try this!! But I've never embossed a thing in my life!
And thank you btw for leaving a comment on Lisa's blog- I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!!! xOxO

miscanthuscrafts said...

great card and love the inchies idea. clareX

Lori said...

Worked like a dog, I get it! he he very funny! I can attest to the fact that you were very persistent on this one. Mine is still in pieces. Of course, you can tell that you are a perfectionist, because every inchie is PERFECT. This is way cool. So fun!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album