Sunday, December 13, 2009

MMSC#31 and QKD 12 Days of Christmas Project #9




I enjoyed this sketch challenge because I never would have cut a circle in half and positioned it this way on the card front. But I love the finished look. I chose to make a gate card, another first for me. The layered sentiment is glued down only on the right side, allowing the card to open. A photo of the inside is directly below.
Products used: Queen Kat Designs stamps: berry frame from Give Thanks set; sentiment from Christmas Greetings set; Bo Bunny's Back to Backs reversible heavy weight paper: St. Nick Mistle Toe for the gate card base and 12" St. Nick Cut Outs for the scalloped circle on the card front and the Letter to Santa placed on the inside of the card; Memento Tuxedo Black and Cottage Ivy dye inks; Marvy Twinklette red glitter marker; Ranger Diamond Stickles.
Below is the inside of the card, showing the reverse of the patterned paper and the cutout I chose.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wow your cards is so beautiful..I love the fold and then the inside is gorgeous too. What lovely colors and of course I love the vintage santa :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

What a wonderful card. Your dp is just wonderful. The images and sentiment are perfectly placed to showcase their beauty. How cute and creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness.

Carol
MMSC-DT

Lovely Linda said...

Oh vintage - you know I am partial to vintage - this is just gorgeous - I love how you have done the gatefold - I have never done one and may have to try after seeing yours!! GORGEOUS colours and images - inside and out!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see what you do and look forward to seeing you next week.
Lnda MMSC Design Team

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album