Monday, December 28, 2009

QKD Royal Monday Blog Hop

Don't forget each week we have two Royal Court blog hops. I'm on Monday's hop list. The other half of the QKD Design Team will reveal their cards on Wednesday. For both hops, and to start at the beginning to see all of the great projects, click on QKD. If you've been following the blog hop, you came from my new Monday blogging buddy, Alex. Next up is my Stampin' Saturday partner, Penny.


This week the Royal Court has a  SPOTLIGHTING Technique challenge.  This is where a small piece of your creation is in color popped out from the rest card, and the rest of the card is monochromatic. Here is my project using the QKD Wa Loli stamp. I used fluid chalk to create a beige monochromatic background. Pink is my pop of color. I was in Tokyo in the early '70s and remember studying what the crowds were wearing. Since Tokyo is one of the fashion capitals of the world and Wa Loli is in trendy garb, I made this tag to pay homage to all of the fashionistas in the world. Captured in time is the caption on the tag. Additional materials: Kaiser craft wood flower, Prima flower, Tim Holtz Ideaology snaps, vellum mannequin.
I encourage you to scroll down to Sunday's post.  This is another monochromatic card with teal as the pop of color using the QKD Northern Exposure stamp set.

Lost Days Sale  The server was down for a couple of days, so Queen Kat is having a sale!
40% off past kits
40% off QKD stamps
Free stamp with personalized stamp purchase (free stamp will be your name and email addy)

Here's today's Monday QKD blog hop list, to help you navigate in cyberspace.
QKD blog-
Alex's blog
Helene's blog -- You're here with me!
Penny's blog
Meredith's blog
Anita's blog
Ashley's blog
Queen Kat Designs Store

9 comments:

Anita said...

So pretty Helene.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I love this card! Just wonderful Helene!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

love all the touches helene!!! soooo fun!!!

Penny said...

so pretty! love it!

Denise said...

This is very cool!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card Helene - I love it :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Ashley Newell said...

What a fun card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and beautiful creation!! Love all your details and how it all fits together!!

kellyjean said...

Thanks for the New Year's wish, Helene! What a sweet friend you have become! I cherish you! May God richly bless you and your creativity in the new year!!! BTW, this project is just darling! I love the way you made the cute image look so vintage.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album