Sunday, October 14, 2012

A New Challenge

BWS tips button
I've joined the Fall Fearless and Fly art cleanse at Artists in Blogland.   I chose the Challenge prompt:  Abraham Lincoln Quote 
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time
from this challenge's co-hosts, Jessica and Carolyn.

I decided to use the calendar as my theme for the quote.  I found in my stash a really old piece of Flair calendar paper.  I added some Tim Holtz stickers.  I wanted the days to look as though they were cascading down, one day at a time.  I chose the woman in a Hampton Arts rubber stamp to symbolize receiving her future one day at a time.  A Stampabilities lace border stamp and a number stencil were used on the background with Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink writer.   The woman and my handwritten quote were done with Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink writer.

I'm posting this under the wire as I head out the door to Stampin' Up card club.  So I'll be visiting the other submissions when I get back to my computer.   This is a slightly different journaling style, but this is the outcome of how the quote spoke to me.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice piece, love how you have showed your ideas! Valerie

Scraps of Elegance said...

What an awesome idea and design.

Carolyn Dube said...

I love how the days are just floating down! What a fabulous piece! So glad you joined Fall Fearless and Fly!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Really nice and simple but portrays the saying by Lincoln well. I love the vintage look.

1CardCreator said...

Brilliant composition, love how the quote spoke to you!

Marcia Beckett said...

They do look like they are floating down. Thanks for sharing at Artists in Blogland.

Sharon said...

Looks great - love the calendar theme!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album