Friday, October 19, 2012

Glittery Dots

This is my latest card for Rogue Redhead Designs.  The circle background, sentiment and couple are all from the RRD Snow Hugs stamp plate.


I was anxious to go dotty and glittery with this background.  I used a double heat embossing technique.  First I stamped the background with Versamark embossing ink, sprinkled on Stampin' Up Heat 'n Stick Powder, and used the heat gun.  Then I sprinkled glitter on the sticky surface and blasted with the heat gun a second time.  I love the effect of the glitter on these circles. 

I thought Ranger's Broken China distress ink matched the glitter the best.  On the image I also added crystal glitter and Copic sketch marker BG72 ice ocean. I happened to have matching metallic ribbon and a metallic brad in my stash.

Would you like to create something dotty? You have until November 4 to enter the Rebel Challenge GO DOTTY at Rogue Redhead Designs. Up for grabs is a US$15 voucher to the RRD store. See the details at the RRD blog HERE
 


11 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card, I love the glittery pattern!

SusanK said...

Normally I don't head towards art that is glittery or dotty but this really has drawn me in. Perhaps it's the color scheme, perhaps it's the image...don't know but I do know that it speaks to me. Very nicely done, my friend!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, glittery piece! Valerie

Anonymous said...

The use of glitter is a fabulous idea.
There is such a sense of movement to your lovely card.
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

Shiny and texture, glitter is fabulous! Great dotty card, helene!

:-)

Brenda Brown said...

The background and image fit together so well. I love the shimmer of the glittery background with that sweet image. Beautiful work Helene.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this image...fun!!! But the glitter work is gorgeous!!!!

hazel said...

A gorgeous glittery card, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Sandi McLean said...

Dotty indeed! I adore dots! and glitter! Fabulous colour too.. Racy blog header LOL Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use the glitter! It looks like sunlight reflecting off of snow! Beautifully done!

Starr said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! I love the blue glitter and the reflecting quality, Gorgeous!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album