Thursday, February 21, 2013

He Was a Curious Fellow


I saw this fantastic Steampunk 2 Art Journey stamp plate in the November 2012 Craft Stamper Magazine. I ordered it direct from the company in the Netherlands. This week I found some challenges that are perfect for inking up these stamps. And I used each and every one that came in the set.


I started with a turquoise linen card.  The bottom is embossed with my newest Stampin' Up Textured Impressions Sissix embossing folder--Honeycomb.  The top is stamped in Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise with the bubble wrap background stamp from Rogue Redhead Designs, LLC. stamp plate: Behind the Scenes, and, in Ranger Wild Honey Distress ink, the smaller stamps from the Art Journey set.  I then blended in some Making Memories Manila acrylic paint. I used a piece of twine from my stash to help separate the top from the bottom.

I stamped and printed on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla card stock.

I stamped the male image in Ranger Rusty Hinge Distress ink and fussy cut it. I edged it with Ranger Wild Honey Distress Ink marker.  I stamped the wings with Black Archival Ink, distressed them with Rusty Hinge,  fussy cut them, and edged them with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink marker.  The images are popped up with dimensional foam dots. 

I hope you enjoy my play on words.  After I generated on the computer my words, I cut them out and overstamped with the smaller Art Journey stamps in Rusty Hinge and then created word boxes with a black Sharpie.

The metal parts:  A piece of necklace chain (from Walmart) and a Tim Holtz Idea-ology gear which I "rusted" with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Terra Cotta.

I made this card for the following challenges:

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge #49 Metal Mania
All Sorts Challenge #194 Things With Wings
So Artful Challenge:  Curiosity/ Rust and Turquoise
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge:  Metal-ology

17 comments:

Terry said...

Oh this is so cool! Love that guy and the change around his torso! Well you did inking justice to this plate! Love this!

Michele said...

ooh i love it! such style! xo

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece! Those stamps look very tempting! Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Love the colours, texture and those new stamps.
Fabulous work.
Hugs Brenda xox

brenda said...

A really imaginative piece of artwork.

Thanks so much joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FUN! So creative and love the rusted look! The wings are too cool! Thank you for showing us your metals at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the chain around his manly chest - and those wings are fabulous!! Great distressing on the background...
Not sure why I wasn't already signed up, but it's sorted now!
Alison x

Krisha said...

I'm not quite into Steampunk, but this guy is fab!! Love his wings and the chain is a perfect embelishment!

Sandi McLean said...

How cool! All of the techniques and colours are just perfect. And he is hot lookin for a stamp LOL

Sarah said...

This is fabulous Helene, love the image and background. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Things with Wings challenge x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous to see you create such a manly card.
Those colours are amazing together but it is the guy who takes centre stage and those fabulous wings.
Love this!
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Wonderful steampunk card. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

wwilloww said...

Love your card especially that chain across his chest!!! It is just a perfect manly accessory... LOL Good luck with the challenges you are entering!

Electra said...

This is so cool! Love his wings and the way you have done the top and bottom of the background differently!

Micupoftea said...

Oh, super texture, love the chain!

Anonymous said...

Well isn't he fantastic?!?!? Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

PetraB said...

so cool, the stamps are fab

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album