Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Journal Gift

The prompt and overall design is from Sugar Lump Studios 14 Hearts: Day 2 Be Mine Greeting Card Journals.

I did not have a circular doily in the right size so I used a heart shaped paper doily which allowed me to enter a couple of challenges requiring hearts.  (love when it works out that way) 




The bird card on cover, word strip and circle inside are from Gecko Galz February Release:  Heather Hudson Collage Collection: Here Comes Spring. The postcard is from Gecko Galz Postage collage sheet. 


Cardstock is DCWV Linen Closet; 
Vintage sheet music given to me a Xmas gift exchange; 
Bits and bobs from my collection;
QuicKutz nesting doily heart; 
Stampin' Up scallop punch; 
Ranger Distress Ink Marker in Vintage Photo.  I swiped a couple of Ranger Distress pink inks over the bright pink heart to tone it down.  
Vintage button from my collection;
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen-Stardust (to bling up the roses);
Recollections clothes pin 

I'm entering these challenges: 

Try It On Tuesday challenge:  Get Ready to Celebrate Valentine's Day  at least one heart (2 on cover, one inside)

Gecko Galz Ephemera Emporium Papercrafting Yahoo Group:  Very Valentine gift: challenge: heart, word "love", frilly-- due February 9. 

I'm gifting this card journal to my cousin who is an avid bird lover and gardener.  Maybe she'll recognize the button from babcia's button bag.

15 comments:

Debi said...

very pretty your cousin, will love it, Debi x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really lovely, very pretty and romantic. Valerie

Carol said...

Wow this is really gorgeous. I love how you have mixed all the design elements her to blend so easily together. It's really feminine and I know your cousin will treasure this.
Thanks also for your comments on Marie Antoinette Trilogy, much appreciated and how funny you won with a similar design!!!. My actual heroine is Mary Queen of Scots, but not so many great images of her, but I do intend in time to create something extra specaial in her memory. Thanks for popping by to see me!
Hugs Carol xxx

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you put all the beautiful elements together for this, it looks spectacular! Love that set too! ~Diane

Terry said...

Beautiful collaged journal! Love the birds, which really pop with the blue panel and how pretty is that heart! Your cousin will love her card! Have fun!

SandeeNC said...

A card journal, how cool is that? I love your design, very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at TIOT Get Ready for Valentines Challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Heather said...

Beautiful Helene!! I LOVE it! Love how you used the image...and cutting the text strip the way you did...genius!! I believe this is the first thing created with this collage sheet....I just LOVE it!
Hugs
Heather

Thanks for using my sheet :0)

trisha too said...

Helene, this is beautiful. I especially like the music, it reminds me of the greatest love of all--what a wonderful Valentine!

:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful collage.

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Helene!

Sandi McLean said...

ohhh, I love your take on this project! Hugs,

Beverly Sager said...

So pretty! I especially love the hymn page used as the background. Lovely pallette, too. Great job :D

Michele said...

gorgeous elements and composition! xo

Alexa said...

I love this vintage collage Helene - your cousin is very lucky to be getting such a beautiful journal. x

Lynn Stevens said...

Can you say Gorgeous? I can and it is!!! WOW Gorgeous!
hugs Lynn

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album