Monday, February 4, 2013

Monochromatic Vintage Love Tag

Nancy of Sugar Lump Studios is providing us with some awesome prompts and samples in her 14 Hearts.  Day One was a fabulous altered cigar box filled with tags and cards.  See it HERE where I linked up my tag.

Here is my take on the tag:


I chose this beautiful image of my mother and instead of a vintage label or card, I went with this Basic Grey sentiment.  Rather than a printed butterfly, I used this special crocheted butterfly with paper rose and pearls handmade by my cyber friend Cathi from Ireland.  To balance the crochet and the dark center, I chose a dark brown crocheted trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon

Instead of vintage script and music papers, I used my new background stamps from  Rogue Redhead Designs, LLC:  Behind the Scenes stamp plate.  I stamped Handwriting in Coffee Archival Ink directly onto a manila tag.  I followed Nancy's prompt to use a scallop at the top of the tag--I stamped Handwritten Music Sheet onto a lighter beige card and punched a scallop circle with my Stampin' Up punch.


Other materials:
Ranger Distress Ink Marker: Vintage Photo for edging
Simplicity Pearl trim
 
I'm entering these challenges:  (some I've entered more than once this month--what can I say--I'm a monochromatic vintage love kinda crafter!)

Really Reasonable Ribbon:  Challenge #65Monochromatic and Ribbon
The Craft Room:  Monochrome
Fashionable Stamp Challenge #40:  Show Some Love
Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge #47 Romantic Love  (I'm sure my dad thought my mom looked and was romantic)
The Cheerful Stampad Challenge #53 You Have My Heart (the sentiment)

34 comments:

PetraB said...

So lovely and adorable, love the vintage monochrome feel of it.

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous! Vintage perfection.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is very pretty, love the lace and pearls! Valerie

Anonymous said...

Delightful! You are rocking the new background stamps :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a super tag. Love that sentiment and the pearls.

craft-roomjulia said...

A stunning vintage creation, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx

Lori said...

I agree with Sarah, vintage perfection! You do that so well!

Esther said...

This is so beautiful...Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is gorgeous! I especially love the pearls! Thanks so much for posting it and sharing!

Hope you will keep playing!

Nancy

Terry said...

Oh how beautiful! Love you take on Nancy's tag, but how special you made it with a photo of your mom! Beautiful lady! Have a great week!

Linda M. Cain said...

Perfect! Nancy is brilliant!

~Linda~

Chris said...

How lovely to use a photo of your Mum. Beautiful tag, Helene.

wwilloww said...

I just love how you used that photo of your beautiful mom!!! Good luck in the challenges you enter!!!

Starr said...

Helene your mother was a beautiful lady! Your tag is lovely!

Debi said...

Lovely helene, thank you for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

Donna Ellis said...

I LOVE this photo of your mother! How fun to use something so meaningful, so that your heart may be full while creating. The sepia brown tones look perfect with the pearls, and her pretty face. hugs, de

Dorthe said...

Beautiful take on Nancy`s tags-
I`m following her 14 Hearts ,too-
Dorthe

Beverly Sager said...

Helene, first of all - how lovely is your mom in this picture? This is such a sweet tag. Love the trims you used and the monochromatic color scheme. Super job!
Beverly

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous tag, looks really wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Anonymous said...

Sa-weet I get two of your lovely projects to comment on this time lucky I'm 3 & 4 lol. Thanks for playing along with the Monochromatic and ribbon challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon : ) Good luck to you!!!!! xoxoxox from Ginny at Polly's Paper

Krisha said...

Your tag is breath taking and so is the picture of your Mom. What a beautiful lady.

Alexa said...

Your tag is so lovely and the fact it's your mother makes it even more special! The crochet heart & trim is also perfect. X

Paper Profusion said...

This is utterly beautiful Helene! Love the chocolate, coffee and cream mixture - its so vintage and warm. That's a gorgeous butterfly (hurray for Ireland!) and most of all your Mum is a beautie. Nicola x

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for playing along at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Glad my elephant gave you a laugh! Valerie

Carol said...

This is absolutly gorgeous and oh so personal especially with that sentiment and it being a photo of your Mum. The colours are just me and you have perfected a really feminine vintage feel to this. i adore that crocheted butterfly..well done to your frien.
p.s. I s that Marie Antoinette I see at the top of your page?? If you love her you may be interested to see an atc trilogy I have made of her just recently
Carol xx

Sharon said...

Beautiful Helene ! And thanks for joining the challenge at the cheerful stamp pad!

Vicki Romaine said...

Another wonderfully beautiful tag. I need to just go through your blog and droll over your amazing work. Maybe some of your talent will rub off on me...I can hope!

Sandi McLean said...

Gorgeous! I am so looking forward to digging in with more of the "Nancy" projects..Hugs

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful and so is your Mother! ~Diane

Mrs.B said...

Another fabulous tag, love the vintage colours,perfect for this lovely picture of your Mum.
Thanks for joining us again at FSC
Avril

Renee Matarese said...

This is wonderful! I can't believe you have such a pretty picture of your mother and it works perfectly with the verse. The crocheted piece is really pretty too. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Renee

Fliss said...

Another really lovely creation and such a beautiful vintage image. Thanks for entering our FSC show some love challenge.
Fliss x

joy said...

Really pretty tag!

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely Beautiful Tag!!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album