Friday, February 1, 2013

I Love You Dearly Valentine Tag

I got to play a second time this week with the hot off the press background stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs, LLC.  This time I used the reverse sequin waste and the handwritten music sheet from the new Behind the Scenes stamp plate for my tag background.

You can see this tag at the Rogue Redhead Designs blog HERE.



I added this lovely lady from the February release of Gecko Galz All Dressed Up collage sheet.

The heart and sentiment are from this week's freebie at Paper Whimsy.  (I'm going to post this on their FB page as a thank you for the freebie sheet of hearts and sentiments)


Inks:  Ranger Distress Inks in pumice stone, tea dye, antique linen (to distress the manila tag) and weathered wood (to stamp the reverse sequin waste); Archival in Sepia (to stamp the handwritten music sheet).

I used a lot of odds and ends from my stash including the trims (brown lace is Webster Pages), Simplicity half pearl ivory trim, Kaiser Craft gray half pearls, Heidi Swapp chipboard clock, a remnant from a crocheted doily, a vintage hat pin from my auntie's collection, and a handmade blue/gray flower from my cyber friend Bitsy.

I'm entering this tag in these challenges:

It's All About the Vintage and Beauty Challenge #36 Lace and Pearls

Gecko Galz Papercrafting Ephemera Emporium Yahoo Group:  Valentine themed tag

Fashionable Stamping Challenge#40: Show Some Love 
I have so much on this tag, that I had to move the ribbon to the side so that you could see I stamped the entire tag before adding all the embellishments.

and I'm also following along with Tag Tuesday -- this week being the alphabet letter "d" for Dearly--as in I love you dearly

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning Valentine tag! Love how you layered the backgrounds...beautifully vintage and fabulous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely Valentine with great colours! Valerie

Krisha said...

I am SURE this will be a winner everywhere you choose to enter it. The vintage is just gorgeous!

Clare Lloyd said...

stunning tag. x

Lori said...

Oooo, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Donna Ellis said...

A beautiful tag and very rich embellishments! Gorgeous.

1CardCreator said...

This is stunning, saw it at the Gecko Galz Yahoo site earlier and fell in love with it there too! ~Diane

Starr said...

Oh my gosh! Helene this is stunning, I love it! Wow, the layering and image and little details...just love it! You know I have a thing for tags and this has to be an all time fav!

wwilloww said...

You sure have been busy..and I love all 3 of them!!! Your carte blanche card is just gorgeous but then so are the other two!!! Good luck in whatever challenges these are entered!!! Those backgrounds are awesome. I already ordered them and can't wait to get them.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just beautiful and perfect for Valentine's day.

hazel said...

Wow Helene. Your tag is so beautiful.
xxx Haz

Vicki Romaine said...

Your tag is absolutely beautiful. I love everything you put on it.

Mrs.B said...

Love this tag, such gorgeous details and embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril

Sannekreativ said...

Oh this card is so Beautiful. thank you for joining It´s all about the vintage and beauty.
GDT Sanne

Unknown said...

Fantastic. I love it!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album