Friday, June 7, 2013

At the Shore

After falling off the Tim Holtz tag-a-month wagon, I decided this month to jump into the water with both feet literally --with this seashore themed tag.




I'm using Rogue Redhead Designs, LLC stamps and you will find this tag also posted at their blog HERE for my design team sample. The stamp plates are Beach Babes and Behind the Scenes.

I'm using almost exclusively Ranger products and have followed, except for my sandy addition, the techniques Tim demonstrated here where I'll be posting my tag.  Here is the picture of his June tag:

                    junefeature

I will list all the products at the end of this post, so as not to give away his tutorial.

The theme-----see the four challenges listed below that I'm entering with this tag.  It was their inspiration that made the artwork process  flow smoothly.



I've tried many techniques to create sand and I really like the look of this one.  I used my new Ranger Emboss It dabber directly onto the sand background stamp; after stamping, I heat set Ranger antique linen distress embossing powder.  I think it really looks like wet sand at the beach and it really brings out the sand design of this stamp.

And this is a close-up of the handwritten music sheet background stamp which I stamped in Ranger Tumbled Glass ink to add a little blue sea and sky.  I chose music because the girl is hearing the sounds of the sea (music) coming from inside the seashell. 

The Challenges:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge:  Tag
Vintage Stamping Challenge #9 Childhood 
Simon Says Stamp and Showthe Letter SSally strolls along the seashore gathering shells in the sand and listening to the sounds of the sea. 
The Paper Chase Challenge #33 The Beach

I'm also linking to Beverly's How Sweet the Sound Pink Saturday since my lovely beach babe is dressed in pink. 

Materials:
Rogue Redhead Designs LLC Beach Babes stamp plate, Behind the Scenes stamp plate
Archival Ink: Coffee
90 lb. watercolor paper and standard manila tag
Ranger Distress Markers: worn lipstick, vintage photo, picket fence, bundled sage, antique linen, tumbled glass
water pen
Ranger antique linen embossing distress powder
Ranger Emboss It dabber
Ranger Broken China distress paint
Ranger Wild Honey distress stain
Ranger Worn Lipstick distress ink pad
All My Memories Seafoam Blue trim (supposed to remind you of fish netting)

22 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous Helene, love the background and the sand stamp.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debi said...

Helene, this is a gorgeous take on Tim's June tag, love the colours and colouring, Debi x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag! Valerie

Vicki said...

Beautiful tags, Helene. I love your sand technique on the beach tag. Great idea.

Krisha said...

Hi Helene, just left you a comment on RRD. This is a stunning tag.

Heather said...

Fabulous tags and card Helene! The little girl stamp is just darling...I love your backgrounds!
Hugs!!
Heather

Heather said...

Gorgeous tag!! Love the "sand!" Thanks for joining us at the Paper Girls!!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Helene!

Terry said...

What a gorgeous tag! Love your take and that image is so sweet! "falling off the Tim wagon" I loved it! Enjoy the weekend!

Claire said...

Wow gorgeous tag, that background is stunning! Thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a great take on the tag - that embossed background is scrumptious!
Alison x

Karen Letchworth said...

I absolutely LOVE this. SO vintage, sweet and just precious! I would really love to have you stop by and share your beautiful art with us in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday (always Anything Goes) - just LOVE your style and would really enjoy having you play along with us.
Have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful take!!! Glad you are participating.

Michele said...

this is so pretty! also, happy pink saturday! xo

Beverly Sager said...

So sweet & pretty. Love that quote, and the way you did the sand - really clever. Just a simple, lovely tag. Well done!

Anonymous said...

A delightful tag! Beautifully designed and brilliantly executed!

Sandi McLean said...

A favourite quote! Sweet tag Helene, I will be trying out your "sand technique"...thanks for sharing! HUgs,

Sophie said...

Ein so süßes Tag, ich bin begeistert.
Und die Technik ist fantastisch mit dem Sand :-)

Liebe Grüße von Sophie xx

Anonymous said...

It *does* look like wet sand - very clever!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely tag, the little girl looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Dagmar said...

it´s so fantastic created! Beautiful!!!

Charity said...

your sand is definitly a success! thanks for linking up with the Paper Girls.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album