Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June This and That

 THE WHOLE BLOG THING

Blogger Reading  List is going away July 1.

THIS IS AN UPDATE:  PLEASE SEE BRENDA'S COMMENT HERE THAT BLOGGER READER IS NOT GOING AWAY--GOOGLE READER IS.  I WENT TO THE LINK SHE MENTIONED AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS BUT GOT A FAILURE NOTICE FOR THE 20 BLOGS THAT WERE IN GOOGLE READER.  A TECHIE I AM NOT. SO MAYBE I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS AT ALL.  HOWEVER, I MUST ADMIT I PREFER A LITTLE MORE ORGANIZATION OF THE BLOGS I FOLLOW THEN WHAT BLOGGER READER OFFERS.

That Google + sounds like way more than I want to have to deal with on a daily basis.  The whole Circles idea already is driving me crazy.  If I'm not in a circle, then I can't comment.  I even considered switching from Blogger to Word Press.  For now I'm sticking with my blog on Blogger as it is the easiest for me to use.  However....

I just switched to Bloglovin'

What I like about it:
  1.    has an iphone app
  2.    it has a Face Book link IF you want to share your friends list
  3.    was a no brainer to switch over the blogs I follow
  4.    the layout design
  5.   sends me email notifications of updates to the blogs I follow
  6.   has a button to put on my sidebar

You should know that I tried two others first.  This one was so easy to do I didn't even have to think.

And what a surprise--one of the categories is My Teammies and had them already listed--the ones who also had chosen Bloglovin'

I even discovered a shortcut, Manage Your Blogs, which give me one easy list with columns to sort into folders, delete, etc.

If you'd like to continue seeing my posts pop up somewhere for you, please hit the "Bloglovin'" button or choose "follow by email" --both are on my sidebar.


NICE SURPRISES

 I won the random draw at Sugar Creek Hollow for their Use It Up challenge.

I made a Crafty Secrets card and got a $6 gift certificate to their store just for linking to their June Linky Party.  I also commented on their beautiful new line of garden themed products AND WON a set!  woop!  woop!

Today's mail included my new stamps from Red Lead and Avery Elle.  Both orders included a free stamp.  Can't wait to start using all of them.


MORE CARDS MADE AT STAMPIN' UP CLUB:

I'm really liking the new butterfly die.


How stinkin' cute is this one?

I didn't center the camera on this one but you get the idea--the tissue box is folded and centered on the aqua square--be careful with your choice of card stock so it doesn't crack or split when folded.


SUPER SPRING SALE AT ROGUE REDHEAD DESIGNS, LLC

Don't miss out on all the great deals!  Check out our stock of full plates, half plates and mini collections. 

Many of our full-size stamp plates are on sale for the low price of US$15.00! All of our half plates are on sale for US$10.00 or less!  Our mini collections are priced at US$5.00 and under!

We've also got some great specials and singles for you to check out!

While we are doing some serious Spring cleaning at RRD, you can tidy up with some fantastic bargains and great deals!

It's over when Spring is over on June 21st!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Helene, thanks for the tip :-) I've just signed up for Bloglovin'
Pretty cards too x Debi xoxox

Terry said...

I totally agree with you on the Google + and yes, it is annoying with commenting if you have not joined! I am surprised how many people have joined, but I won't be one of them! Love your cards, which reminds me that I need to place an order for some paper! Can you imagine running out!!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Blogger reader isn't disappearing Helene it's google reader that's going. If you haven't used google reader you should be ok.
Try looking at this blog and click on techy tips at the top of the page. Hopefully it will help you see what you need to do. But I am sure Blogger would have told us if we had to change.

http://www.mycornerofheaven.com/

Hugs Brenda xxx

Krisha said...

Thanks for the tip Helene, I did not want to go to Google+ for many reasons too. Have signed up for Bloglovin, hope I an figure it all out, really don't want to loose any contacts, and have to start all over.

Paper Profusion said...

Congrats on your wins Helene - these look fabulous! Nicola x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album