Friday, July 11, 2014

Layer Upon Layer

This month's issue at Unruly PaperArts blogozine is focusing on Layer Upon Layer.

For my article submission, I concentrated on layering paper with my Prima doll stamp and layering ink and embossing powder on my bird cage.


I have an obsession with paper dolls.  At age seven, I would anxiously wait each week for the Sunday paper.  In the comics section, there was a cartoon strip of a paper doll and some outfits.

Fast forward to today.  Many decades later, I still enjoy all art versions of dolls and most recently am obsessed with Julie Nutting’s doll stamps for Prima.  

For the full article with all the details about my layering, please read my column HERE.

I'd like to enter this scrappy page in:

4 Crafty Chicks: Inspired by a Song Challenge :  I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly


Speaking of challenges, I'd also like to remind you about the Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest.  Robin's Nest has donated a textures prize worth $70 retail.  If you'd like to enter, link up your entry at UPA HERE.  Any art form is welcome.  Just use the creative prompt  "Summer Fiesta" OR the prompt and photo inspiration.




3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Helene!

Krisha said...

Left you a comment on UPA.
Love this.

Tamie said...

Fabulous creation and awesome song choice. It fits perfectly with your inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Tamie DT

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album