Monday, March 27, 2017

Coffee Card for a Guy

It's SPRINGTIME which means it's time for another Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop!!!




For each blog hop, we get a free digi image from JessicaLynnOriginals  But I also fell in love with this spring release from Jessica and had to snap it up to make a card for a guy. He will love the sentiments on it.  





I digitally colored this image.  After printing, I added quite a bit of additional color with color pencils to create the effect of "wood" planks. 

I also used Stampin' Up dark brown cardstock for the card base and a striped paper which had no identifying label.   Various bakers' twine in matching colors added the finishing touch. 

I placed the card on a piece of "woodgrain" paper for my photo.  I'm wondering if that is a distraction from the actual card.  

This one I'm entering in

Coffee Lovers Bloghop.  Entry #3  I'm #656 

the Outlawz Color Challenge for Week of March 21  CCO321


Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge SCO32217
This card was showcased the following week when the next sketch was posted.














the Male Room Challenge #56 Use Wood #36


the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #111:  Masculine-Anything Goes #22
Wow!  This card won!


Your Next Stamp (another coffee lovers hop sponsor): Challenge #60 Color #33 x

16 comments:

Marsha Reed said...

Love your card, Helene! Great colors, too. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Simply a great card for a guy. Love the digi images and how you've coloured them digitally and with pencils. I remember that striped paper from several years back and it was so versatile and a good choice for masculine cards and projects. Thanks so much for joining us for our Masculine Anything Goes WWC111 Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Heather Hopson said...

Great card! very creative colors. Thank you for joining us on Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and also for sharing your ideas with us.

Shelly said...

This is awesome!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this image, and you did a fantastic job with it. Thanks so much for sharing in the Spring Coffee Blog Hop. I sure enjoy your cards.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

~amy~ said...

such a fun card, great masculine card!

New Creations said...

Great guy card, love it!

Jane said...

Love this card! Such a brilliant idea to hang cups from a wooden board and the sentiment quote looks totally fabulous split up on them too. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE this fun sentiment and the great colors in your card!

Hetty said...

This is beautiful. Great coloring the image and
wonderful background paper and twine.

Andreja said...

This card is so beautiful :-)) I like how you add sentiment.
I am so glad you played along with us at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Becca Yahrling said...

This is gorgeous and I love the colors.

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! I love so much this stamp and the beautiful papers you chose!!! Great background!!!

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the wood panel behind the coffee mugs! Great colours too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Wood stash challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic guy card and love your colors.

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album