Friday, March 31, 2017

Mixed Media Scrapbook Page




March's inspiration art at ARTastic Challenge Blog is this Image of November by William Rose. Challenge criteria is use of a stencil.  Although I would have liked to link up to the ARTastic Challenge, due to the time difference in the hemisphere, I missed the deadline.




The inspiration:  I was struck by the horizontal and vertical lines as well as the blue that created boxes. My first thought was a sailing ship with its reflection on the water--or maybe an industrial site on the river. However, while looking through my picture file, I came across this hotel pic which certainly contained the horizontal and vertial elements including "boxes".  Even my plaid shirt fit in and was blue!

The technique: I haven't scrapbooked for a long time.  I've migrated to digital scrapping and pocket pages.  Wanting to get back to tactile scrapbook pages, I've admired several samples of horizontal/vertical splashes of color with lots of white space.  This technique is begging to be used in this layout.  I extended the vertical and horizontal lines beyond the photo into the page to go with my theme "beyond boundaries".  This page actually is in my journal.

The Materials:
While putting away things, I came across this Anthropologie bag and decided it would make the perfect backdrop.  I cut the bag to size.  I loved the boxes and that splash of blue.  I toned down the print with white gesso.

Black Stabilo, Dylusions black marble paint pen, Memnto black tuxedo ink, Loew Cornell silver pencil

Acrylic Paints:  ARTQuest perfect pigment Yellor Ombre. Liquitex Basics Mars Black and Cadmium Yellow; Deco Art Chalky Finish Serene (blue)

Stencils:  Carolyn Dube (Stencil Girl ), Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi, The Crafters Workshop Cubist

Stamps:  STAMPlorations Explore clear stamp set

Entering:

STAMPLORATIONS March Mixed Media Challenge  I'm #52 Winner Announced April 10 x


A Vintage Journey:  All aboard happy birthday AVJ Challenge: any type of art that fits genres listed in banner  I'm #79 x


6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is wonderful! Thank you very much for being with us over at Art Journal Journey again! Hope to see you for the new theme as well!
Happy weekend!
oxo Susi

froebelsternchen said...

I added your page to the link up - since it was already closed.
oxo Susi

Carolyn Dube said...

What a fun page!

Sanna said...

fabulous layout!! thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations mixed media March challenge!!!

Deb said...

Fabulous interpretation of the challenge image and love how you upcycled the Anthropologie bag into your layout! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our 3rd birthday celebrations, Deb xo

Carol said...

What a wonderful journal page, love this. Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this time and apologies for being late with my comments. Carol DT x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album